Coyote bounty in Nevada

RTLOF18918B

Does anybody know if there is a bounty on yotes here in Nevada? I've heard there is or was. I can't confirm on the NDW website but haven't called the yet. Just wondering. I was told there was a 12$ per ear bounty. I think it's just here say. It would make hunting alot more interesting.

RTLOF(TONY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have never heard anything like that. Only bounty I have heard of around here is $2 an ear in Utah. But once again, just hearsay.

Quote:
I have never heard anything like that. Only bounty I have heard of around here is $2 an ear in Utah. But once again, just hearsay.

And I have never heard anything like that (grow up in utah)
Hersay said yrs ago that you could get 20 bucks a pair in toolele county but knowing a few guys from there they had never been able too

dad lived for near Pioche for a yr he shot a lot of coyotes but never could find anyone that would pay a bounty on them

Quote:
I remember some rancher up in Golconda buying me a beer in a saloon because I shot a coyote, does that count?

NO! LOL

I've heard rumors like this for as long as I can remember. 24 cents for a coyote? You'd burn $50 in gas taking them in to collect.

Yea! there is a bounty in nevada for yotes. Unfortunatly every time you buy a big game tag in nevada you pay NDOW to hunt them. how is that for a bounty?

I was told a few years ago that the county that Cedar City is in would give $25 dollars for a set of ears. Don't know how true that is.

JAH

Quote:
I was told a few years ago that the county that Cedar City is in would give $25 dollars for a set of ears. Don't know how true that is.

JAH

Was true last year but you had to show proof of residency.

i was lookin this up the other day and the only thing i can find is there is no law that prohibits some one to offer a bounty... so a rancher or organization can offer one but there are no guarantees that they will pay or honor your kills because they are not affiliated with the state or county.

Dont be surprised if im wrong though...

Quote:

I've heard rumors like this for as long as I can remember. 24 cents for a coyote? You'd burn $50 in gas taking them in to collect.

this was passed at the turn of the century... the last one.

utah has a bounty system but u must reside in and shoot the coyote in the county your are collecting bounty from

Last edited:
Ya'll can send them yotes this way. We have a $50.00 bounty here in the county I live in. $75.00 in the next county over.

Quote:
Quote:

And I have never heard anything like that (grow up in utah)
Hersay said yrs ago that you could get 20 bucks a pair in toolele county but knowing a few guys from there they had never been able too

dad lived for near Pioche for a yr he shot a lot of coyotes but never could find anyone that would pay a bounty on them

I live in Tooele and we get a $20 bounty on coyotes. I havent heard what other counties have bounty's this year but there are usually three or four in the whole state.

Juab County (Utah) is also giving a bounty. Not sure if it is $20 or $25. The only problem is that you have to provide I.D. showing a address in that County to receive the bounty.

Back