Remington/Winchester Bulk Bullets

striker

Guys I do a fair bit of reloading and just had a simple question. I look in catalogs like cabelas, midsouth, midway usa. and such and I have noticed that you can bulk buy slugs made by Remington and Winchester. Have any of you ever loaded these? Where do you get your reloading Data. I went to their websites and there was nothing to be found there. How do you even know where to start. I thought about loading some of the 150 grain bullets up for my 30-06, but I want to do it safely.

Last edited:
You seem to mixing slugs and bullets in the same question. Never heard of anyone loading slugs, or why you would want to but everyone loads bullets.

I think you are speaking of bulk rifle and handgun bullets. If so, simply use load data for bullets of the same weight in the same cartridge and work up to max. Many folks find the bulk Remington and Winchester bullets shoot quite well.
John

iam speaking of bullets. Have you never heard them called a slug before? Maybe its a western thing. However, I would like to try them. I will have to start somewhere I guess.

I personally avoid Winchester bulk bullets like the Plague. If they have a quality control department they are sleeping, their brass is fine but the bullets are as inconsistent as you can purchase. Line 10 Winchester bullets up next to each other and you won't believe the difference between bullets out of the same bag. (My problem is with the .223 bullets)

I'm using Rem 55gr bulk bullets in my 22-250, Win 46gr HP's in my 22H ,218 Bee and reduced loads in the 223 and 165gr Rems in my 300Savage. All seem to work very well, the Win is the most accurat of all I've shot in the Hornet.

AWS

I through 100 of the Remington PSP 55 Grain .224 bullets in with my last order from cabellas. I did not experiment much just loaded them the same as the 55 vmax. They seem shot .75 moa out of my RRA.

I shoot a lot of Remington bulk Core-Lokt and SJHP handgun bullets. My .45-70 uses the 405 gr. Remington bullet, the .30-30 the 170 gr. Core-Lokt, the 100 gr. .243 Core-Lokt is a good one, as is the 165 gr. .308 Core-Lokt. The .357 Magnums use their 125 and 140 gr. SJHP, the .41 Magnum the 210 gr. bullet. Use starting data for the same weight bullet from a good manual and you’ll be fine.

I've shot a couple 1000 of the remington psp 22 cal 50 grain. The only thing that I found was they very up to 1.5 to 2 grains. I just seperate them in weight groups. Just load what the manuel says.

I reload the 150gr Remington Core-Lokts in my .30/06. I have a bunch stocked up too. I based my load off another brand of 150gr with the same type of design, I used my Speer manual. I think that is the question you are asking. Start on the low end of the spectrum with your powder charge and work up using published data.

I use the Winchester bulk 55 grain, .224 bullets in my Savage .223. they shoot well.

Remington 130 grain PSPCL bullets do extremely well from my 2 .270's

P1000877.jpg

P1000878.jpg

The Tikka target is 7 shots

Back