A first for me.

ksyotecallr

My callin buddy and I went out this morn to do a little calling. First stand of the morning, had five coyotes coming in at once. A slight breeze out of the s-se swirled to them and just couldn't get a shot. I was really pumped watching these yotes coming across the pasture a half mile away, but was really deflated watching them depart on catching our scent. It was the first time calling more than the ocassional double at once. The second stand was even more fun. Setting up in a hay field up under a cottonwood tree with my buddy setting behind and to the west edge of the hayfield/crp I crank up the jack rabbit distress on the fox pro . Thirty seconds into calling, the first coyote comes flying out of the crp about fifty feet to my right intent on bunny breakfast. Of course when I get the scope on the darn thing all I see is hair and not sure which end I,m looking at. By then it's between us trying to cozy up to my buddy who never seen it coming till it is taking for the crp again. He takes the shot at about sixty-seventy feet and misses. I hit the pup distress on the fox pro and instantly have another in my lap. Fortunatly his next shot is a whole lot better this time. I think tomorrow morn I'll be taking the shotgun with.

ks
just ask elpasojon
never never go coyote huntin without one
SHOTGUN THAT IS
they may be extra
but always come in mighty handy
even out here in the wide open spaces

guero

Funny thing is...... I can put a round up a gnats tooter at 200 meters......but I can't hit the side of a barn from the inside with a shotgun. But I'm starting to carry mine more often just for when the action gets fast.

Chupa

Back