check this out...I frickin new it

"Its great for trying, but nothing you can say will make a difference with this guy"

Thats correct, because i have values that i believe in. The same could be said for everybody else in this forum. You dont know me, so dont act like you do.

cjdavis, you know i MIGHT have acknowledged your request. But due to the manner in which it was delievered...not a chance.

I to value what the flag represents and means, which is why i have a real one hanging on my wall.

Guys, we're in the yellow zone, fast approaching the red here on this one. You fellas have each said your pieces, now let's be done, OK? Thx -Matt

cjdavis, if you had ancestors in the Rev War that is very cool, BTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. I did, too, out of NC.

Quote:
"They sacrificed more in one day for our country than you have in your entire paltry existence."

The same could probably said for you too.

"Don't you dare tell me to mind my own business"

Oh, i dare. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, thank you. I know you believe you are a righteous person...but keep your opinions to yourself (or atleast dont aim them towards me). It is MY avatar, and i will use whatever i want to (of course as long as it is appropriate material), you can do the same.

Yes they did, but I actually understand what they accomplished. Although I have sacrificed as being a parent, it is a small price to pay. I would sacrifice my life if needed to save my family and country. Even though I am not military, the people that have shaped this country weren't really military either. Militiaman were the backbone of this country and that is still where the backbone lies.

You are just glad you can sleep in your race car bed with the TV remote. I see that it is OK that your opinions are spouted off and directed towards others, but when other contradict your elitism, you defend yourself by being a "Big Boy". Using Capital letters like a true internet commando.

Java, That is great to have a warriors heritage. I'm sure you can understand that the statements that he is making might as well be him jumping on top of their graves. It goes against everything that this country was founded on.

Agreed guys. I'm done here. I can't take anymore of this. But should JWP really want to discuss what this flag really means. I will be going through his city on my way to west Texas in a few weeks. I would be glad to buy him lunch and clear the air. I don't beat up on minors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

"I see that it is OK that your opinions are spouted off and directed towards others, but when other contradict your elitism,"

What i meant was, by all means voice your opinoion...you have the RIGHT to do so. But dont go telling me what i deserve to use as an avatar, because it is my personal choice...which is also a right.

O.K. Fellas,

Enough with the "posturing".... Speak your minds civily, and without "calling each other out", or this thread might just getted locked up quicker than a hiccup.

Several members have been "walking the fine line", and enough is enough.

I know everyone here get's a bit worked up when they're telling their side of things, but the veiled threats, and antagonistic comments are just plain childish, and they are a violation of the TOS.

Keep the conversation moving, smoothly, and let's get on with things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sorry Jeff. We are seriously going to sit down and mend the fence.

I have to go through Abilene next month an JWP agreed to meet with me for lunch to talk about the flag. He seems interested in my feelings and he seems to know something about it as well.

No hard feelings here. It was discussed through PM

cj, I like that. While I do respect everyone's privacy & do not wish to pry, if either of you care to post about it after I for one would be interested.

face to face is NOT the same as online. it just isn't. Things are often not taken as intended & we aren't dealing with a real person, it's just some anonymous "someone" on the web.

It's just different in person.

Quote:
Sorry Jeff. We are seriously going to sit down and mend the fence.

I have to go through Abilene next month an JWP agreed to meet with me for lunch to talk about the flag. He seems interested in my feelings and he seems to know something about it as well.

No hard feelings here. It was discussed through PM

I'm sending a camera man out and he'll film the whole thing.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just kidding. I think that is a great idea. Let us know how things turn out. Face to face over a good lunch is always a good way to go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Sorry born and raised TEXAN....now speaking of a flag that i WOULD put my hand over my heart for... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Even when i dont reply you guys cant help but throw some attacks out there....pretty sad.

so you are saying that the texas flag means more to you than the American Flag?

My g-g-grandfather, Benjamin Franklin McCauley, thought the Mississippi flag was more important than the US flag.

The US invaded his state so he joined his three brothers, at age 16, and enlisted in Co B of the 1st Mississippi Cavalry (Davenport's State Troops). The brothers fought for Mississippi against the US flag until 1865 because their home state had been attacked by the Federal Army and the Federal Navy was blockading Mississippi's ports.

If a President Obama sent troops to attack TX then I wouldn't blame JW for defending his home.

Don't MESS with Texas, lol!

CopyofDCP_1543.jpg

Back