Havalon Knifes Whatya Think?

MTurbo

Sitting here flipping through the new All predator call mag and looking at the Havalon knifes with the replaeable surgical blades on page 30.
These look like they would be great for yotes and such, and looking at the havlon web page it looks like some people are using them on big game as well.

I'm thinking about getting one to try out. Anyone have one or use one? Looking for some feedback before I buy.

Thanks guys.

I bought one like that but it uses razorblades instead. Works well but the razorblades dull up pretty quick on big game at least. They'd probably work well for coyotes though.

MTurbo,
I have the Tracer and the Edge and I love them. Have skinned coyotes and coons with them, and find that I carry the knife around much more than I thought I would.

The blades are obviously scary sharp, being scalpel blades. I am the world's worst knife sharpener, and appreciate a throw away blade.

It is a great quality knife at a good price--you will not be disappointed!

Regards,
Tim

There was a thread a while back in the Other Equipment Forum on these knives. The general consensus is they are the real deal.

Back