Special Request

Matt S

I had a request from a member here to make a turned one piece open reed distress from horn. I was happy to accept the task. I spent all afternoon and most the evening up on a friends roof laying shingles and had no intention of turning any calls. I got home and wanted to watch some football and the wife had to watch CSI or something so I went out to the shop to catch some football. Next thing I know I am on the lathe with horn chips flyin. I had no idea on the design, I figured the horn would tell me. Well this is what I came up with. I haven't done anything like this in a distress sound, but this thing rocks. I like rasp myself and this has it from high to low. I hope the member doesn't like it because it will go right on my lanyard.

fbcd0f1f.jpg

dbdf1f28.jpg

Thats freakin' awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
Nice work Matt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Wow!!!!! That is one nice piece of horn. Great looking call Matt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Jim

Matt,you nailed that one!!And I am really going to enjoy it for many years!!!!!thank you sir,payment should be their today or tommorrow.Mark

Quote:
Matt,you nailed that one!!And I am really going to enjoy it for many years!!!!!thank you sir,payment should be their today or tommorrow.Mark

Dangit Mark, I was hoping it wasn't what you were wanting. I guess it's all yours then.

Thanks for the comment fellas.

Hi Matt,just a quick note to let you know i received the calls and they sound excellent..and look awesome,very nice work!!!never met Matt but sure recommend his calls

Back