chicken distress hand call??

Yashiro

I need a call that sounds like a chicken in distress... here coyotes do not come to a cottontail sound. Coyotes hit againg and againg to my hens... Anybody makes a hand call that sounds like a chiken ???

Thanks in advance!!!

Contact "rbboyd" aka Brandon Boyd. I think his contact info is still under the Custom Call Makers info thread.
He makes a great one, works great, looks great, & doesn't cost a lot.

Guess is correct. Ernie Wilson is probably the best I've ever heard on a chicken distress. I'm sure he'll join in.

Tony

Glen guess is right.If you prefer a closed reed it would have to be one with a higher pitch.Then practice practice practice.I have heard it done but that is one sound I do not have perfected yet

Thanks for the reply! For me is very difficult to make the sound of a chicken with a open or close reed, but im gone practice... have a lot of time. Tommy maybe i will buy the chicken call you post....

Have a nice day!

I raise chickens, too.

I have been imitating them every since I first got them and do all my sounds with my voice. I haven't tried calling in a coyote yet but I can definitely stir up the old rooster and when I do the neighborhood cats always come running! LOL

Try using bird distress with an open reed...

Nikonut

I like doing chicken distress when coyotes are not wanting to come in, because out of the 7 reasons coyotes come in I use the chicken to hit the curiosity one and I like using Brent Saxton's closed reed. Just blow hard sharp blows to get the clucks and practice the distress its fun to do and makes some newbies think your crazy for using it till they have a coyote run past them.

Last edited:
The chicken call has been one of my signature calls for a long while. I belive that is how bearmanric found me. I was working a show and blowing the chicken call. He came over and introduced himself. Then he introduced me to PM. Been a blur since then.
I prefere to use my chicken call in small farm areas where the coyotes know an easy and tasty meal awaits them. It has worked like a charm for me for years. And I hear they work wello on fox! Very easy to use and little air pressure to make it work. Brandon

(1)Buck/Low..
(2)Buck/Medium..
(3)Buck/Loud
(4)Buck/.Ock Hollering
(5)Buck/.Ock/Screaming

According to the ABC phonics of calling!(^ ^)

Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crapshootChicken distress can be done with almost any closed reed call.

Yep!!

Brandon has not been on here for years. He was a fantastic call maker though and a real good guy!!

Back