anyone use a Jerry Miculek muzzle brake?

skeetlee

i am thinking about having a miculek muzzle brake installed on my ar. Don't know that i really need it, but what the heck! The smith is only going to charge me 40 bucks to install it. Anyone use one of these? lee

Very effective and very loud. I've made a pretty good business removing them from rifles that have had them pinned and welded on during the AWB.

I have one on a 20" bbl AR an I do not like it due to the extreme muzzle blast. I guess it would be alright shooting high volume varmints with ear protection but I don't like to wear plugs while predator calling.

I didn't realize Jerry Miculek was making gun parts? I thought he bought everything and had it installed by S&W Custom Shop....maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that a brake that was designed by Oliver Hayden(Oliver's Guns), adopted by Clarks, and used by Jerry? Just wanted to give the credit to the correct people.

Muzzle brakes can be good and bad. You need to decide what your intentions for the rifle/handgun are to be.
Do you want to "see your shot", a muzzle brake will assist you. Do you want to take multiple quick/fast shots, a muzzle brake will help you do it.
Do you want to blow your buddies ears away, yup...a muzzle brake is louder as the gases are directed up/back. But that shouldn't really be a problem unless your a "short bus" rider and don't wear ear plugs! Also, be aware that muzzle brakes can/will redirect anything back towards individuals standing to the side of you....including pieces of metal/lead, and it will hurt!

Some rifles need a brake(too large to comfortably shoot well), some don't(can't imagine how would need a muzzle brake on a 17HMR). You are the only one that can decide what you need/don't need.

Scott (get it if you want it) B

I'm getting one slipped on my DPMS 308b. Not concerned about the noise as I wear ear protection.
I'm wanting to spot shots easier.
I want to see those P-Dogs explode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back