leapold vx2 or Nikon Monarch

skeetlee

I just bought a new rifle and i need some glass. I found a good deal (I think) on a leupold vx2 4x12x40 varmint rectical $300. But i also found a decent deal on a Nikon Monarch 4x16x44 $345 I already have a Monarch and i like it ok and i have a leupold vx3 and it is ok. I have never looked through a vx2. Just wanted to get some opinions on these to scopes in a side by side comparison. Thanks lee

What's a "rectical"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Jack

Lee,

What kind of rifle are you putting it on? Is the varmint reticle something you've used and like?
Either one of those scopes is very nice for the price you're talking. I have a 3-9 VX-II and a 4-12 Monarch and I like them both. The Monarch gathers more light, but it's bigger and heavier and my Leupold has 25+ years of hard use under it's belt. I think it's lost some clarity from when it was new. Tough call.
I'll admit I kinda like the multiple cross-hair reticle on the Leupold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Hands down the leupold for me. A little tougher and you can always pull your
money back out if you ever want to. Especially if it's a 5 or ten year old one
with little use.

Quote:
What's a "rectical"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Jack

Hey Jack, that's when you buy a scope with your head up your a$$.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like the jokes on me. I can live with that! It nice to be able to laugh at yourself at 5 in the morning, I think it's going to be a good day!! Thanks Jack!! Lee

Quote:
Quote:

Jack

Hey Jack, that's when you buy a scope with your head up your a$$.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BEWARE!
The phenomenon may be contagious...

Skeets... (It's "Reticle" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

The Monarch is a way better scope.

And clean used ones go for as much as they did when new.

I have both. GET THE NIKON! The VX II can't hold a candle
to the Leupold in clarity. Unless of course the Nikon
has the BDC reticule. That is the WORST reticule I have
ever looked at.

Squeeze

Back