I'm back!

mikegranger

Yep, I'm still alive. I take every summer off from my paid PM duties and concentrate on important things like fighting wild fires. Fire season isn't over yet but except for California, I don't expect too much else to be happening.

Anyway, I hope everyone fared well while I was gone. I was near Ovando, Montana last week trying to conduct a prescribed fire. Summer rains haven't let up so the burn was a flop, just too green. But, I did get a great picture of a 1949 Dodge Power Wagon fire engine with just 2000 miles on it. What a classic!

IMG_0037.jpg

This thing is built like a tank!

Bubba is doing great and driving me nuts. He wants to go hunting something fierce. Another month and we'll be hitting the coyotes hard. The furs should be set by then.

Good to hear from you Mike. I miss the "Mike and Bubba Cronicle" stories. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

Thanks guys, another summer where I tested fate and won! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Pinecone, I want that truck too. I had my camera out and was taking pictures within one minute of it showing up on the burn. Of course, being a fire engine, the interior was flawless...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Us fire guys really like keeping the equipment nice.

Good to see you back Mike, I always like the Bubba stories /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My dad fights fire over here too, and we thought everything was done for the year, and then he gets a dispatch to Crater Lake for a week. He comes home and gets called back out in two days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Looking forward to some stories /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back