New Topo Map service

GC

I ran across a new topo map service which seems pretty neat. The site is www.mytopo.com and offers a unique mapping service. You can make your own boundries, square map or rectangular, the map covers about four regular USGS topos (24"x36"), and is printed on waterproof and tear resistant paper. For instance, my favorite area needs three USGS topos to cover it all. The area I hunt falls right in the corners of all three. I hate carrying three topos in the field. I've tried taping them together, that doesn't last long. This looks like it might be pretty cool and $15.00 isn't bad IMO. How about checking it out if you're a map freak like me and let me know what you think. I'm going to order one and see what it looks like soon.

------------------
"Doing the Right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"

OK Curt, I use topo maps all the time and this seems to be a great map. Someone on another board I mentioned this on has already ordered and recieved one and reports it is a great map. I'll be ordering a few soon, when I do I'll let you know what I think of them from a hands on perspective.

------------------
"Doing the Right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"

Yeah, I think I'm going to order one soon myself. I went back to that site again. I did not notice the first time that you can put up to 12 quad maps on one. I think I'm reading that right anyway. That's awesome! I too have tried the tape trick. It's a pain. This will be much more handy.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info, my hunting area (deer) has always been on two separate maps. I just ordered the solution! Great site.

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often

Matt

GC, I recently purchased a mapping program for my GPS from Maptech. I can print any type of topo map that I want, as long as the area is contained on my disk, ie., the UP of MI area in my case. The best part is that I can connect to their server and download ANY topo map(s) for free. The program allows for line of sight views, 3-D views, and a bunch more stuff that I haven't looked at yet. I'm very pleased with it. http://www.maptech.com MI VHNTR

[This message has been edited by MI VHNTR (edited 05-25-2001).]

Back