AZ BadgerS and Coyote Down

azcoyotehunter

Both of my usual hunting partners had other plans today, and I wasn't able to return the call of a person I've hunted with in the past.... so I decided to go out and do a little calling this morning.

Yesterday I broke the external speaker I use with my Scorpion, so I figured each stand would be short (

Good stuff man. Congrats on the badgers. All the time I have been out I havnt even seen one let alone shoot at one.

Amazing you nabbed two of them.

Again, congrats!

Nice badgers. I'd like to get one of them myself.

Are those small for badgers? I'm surprised the 06 didn't tear them up. If they don't exit on a badger, how much penetration do you think you will get on an elk? What bullet are you using?

Quote:
Nice badgers. I'd like to get one of them myself.

Are those small for badgers? I'm surprised the 06 didn't tear them up. If they don't exit on a badger, how much penetration do you think you will get on an elk? What bullet are you using?

I'm using a Hornady Interlock (150gr). I had the same problem with every badger I've shot with a .243 no exit wound. The same bullet from my .243 shoots right through a Mule deer no problem.

For those that haven't been close to a badger.... they stink!! I mean really stink. I got sprayed by a Skunk on Dec. 31st last year and I didn't smell as bad as these critters.

They are small badgers for that area. Here's a badger I bagged last year which was 22lbs.

101_0921.jpg

Here's a little guy I called in earlier this summer.

Quote:
guys guys
skin a badger sometime and you'll know why they don't exit

guero

+1. I have never seen a bullet exit a badger. Nice going getting two of them in a day!

AZ- Congrats on the badger brothers! Not meaning to hijack to badly, but that 150 interlock bullet shoots wonderful groups in my 06 with imr4064. Have you used this bullet on elk or deer in the past?

I've probably shot 6 badgers, & no exit wounds on any of them either. Don't know if it's because there is a lot of bone & muscle in a stout package or what. But I've noticed the same thing. Nice hunt!

Not 1 but 2 badgers? Slow down and leave some for the rest of us. You skinned them?

Coyotes are out and about! Best be like me and start calling in sick and getting in some good mornings during the week days. By 10 its too hot to call. I pick up at about 5PM again until sun down.

Awesome day

Quote:
Not 1 but 2 badgers? Slow down and leave some for the rest of us. You skinned them?

Coyotes are out and about! Best be like me and start calling in sick and getting in some good mornings during the week days. By 10 its too hot to call. I pick up at about 5PM again until sun down.

Awesome day

As a matter of fact *cough* I feel like I'm coming down with something with my eyes.... I can't see my A$$ coming into work this Friday.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
guys guys
skin a badger sometime and you'll know why they don't exit

guero

+1. I have never seen a bullet exit a badger. Nice going getting two of them in a day!

i did once

.308 + neck + 8 yards = gross

Back