Records and Books to learn by !!

Hi all, I know this is not the for sale section. But I just put my Burnham and Circe records and Gerry Blair book on ebay, this is the end of all my items. Circes record is a good one to learn hand calling, Del Western is on one side, Del beat me in 1960 with 495 coyotes in 18 weekends, while I had only 295, the other side has Bill Dudley, my mentor that taught me to call.
I sure miss the good old days .
Richard Grantham

Richard,

You had "Only 295". :eek: That would take me a lifetime or more here in Michigan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And you did it in 18 weeks! Wow, now that some predator Killing!

WOW! :eek: You guys did well. I've got my fingers crossed that you have some good ol' vintage predator pics. I love the photos from days gone by. I'm willing to bet you have some good stories too. Can we twist your arm and get you to post a few? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, what's the E-Bay link to the book? I'm very interested in that, and besides Father's day is coming up.

Weasel, your kind to ask an old guy. First ebay, # 3683250569, and 3683251389.
Coyotes seem to run together in my mind, however I called and killed 20 bobcats in same period. One outstanding day My wife and I crawled up a little hill to be able to see area below, sat in light brush in small wash that run up from bottom, I called for several minutes but no coyotes in sight, then a loud meow from right in front of us, we looked at each other and then she whispered - right in front of you, a bobcat had sneaked up draw and sat down right below us and meowed, first ever ( and only one sound), shot it, a little later in day I was calling and saw a crow coming, it dipped down in flight so I was alerted something coming, then a bobcat jumped over small brush in front of us and stopped, shot it ( again only bobcat I ever saw run in, then to top it off later in evening I was calling in heavy brush along sand wash bank, called / looked then all of a sudden saw big eyes looking at me about 20 steps away- cat just sitting there like magic, never saw it approach, this was like everyone I ever called, just suddenly theres a cat sitting in front of you!!!!!! so 3 cats in one day. One more note, in skinning out the cat that came running in, it had the whole front part of neck and legs covered in cactus thorns that had penetrated into skin and then layed against body soften - never saw that before either, guess it had been digging rats out of cactus.
Richard

Those cats sure are mystical.
Your books appear to be in excellent condition. I hope you get what you want out of them.
Thanks for sharing the cat stories.

Hi Richard, hope all is well with you. The Gerry Blair book I bought from you a while back was sent to Gerry and he graciously signed it for me.

Take care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back