i got a load in my dtech .223

serpent71

i have a dtech and love how its shoots it has a 1x9 twist with a 22in barrel and i was thinking of shooting a deer this year with it i want to use barnes triple shock 62gr bt and wonder if any of you have tried them or could give me different ideas really i am open to anything thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to PM, Serpent!

I don't shoot much of the heavier bullets, but I would think that either Benchmark or Varget would be a real good choice on the powder. I'm sure someone will come along that has shot them.

I'd contact Baarnes for load data, I think the copper bullets act a bit different than normal ones. Nosler Partitions are another option.

peace.
unloaded

I don't want to discourage you, but I tried several different weights of TSXs in a RockRiver Coyote model with 1n9 twist. I couldn't get the thing to shoot under 1.25". If you do find a load that works, please email me what worked for you. The 65gn Sierra game kings work real well.

thats what i have heard and i think thats what i am going to use i am on some other forums and the sierra seem to be what works the best

I have used 65 SGK's with 26gr Varget for years. They have the most knock down of any 223 load that I have tried. If you try this load work your way up to it as it is pretty hot.

serpent71: try benchmark powder if you haven't bought you powder yet. Benchmark works wonders in ARs. Some other good powders for 223 ARs: 3031, 2230, varget, and 748.

i went with varget and the 65gr sgk and i got a great group with them i post a pic after i get them on my computer i had high winds on sunday so i think i can do better with the groups

here are the pics i wish i wouldn't have drop one but the winds here where at like 20 30 mph so i happy anyways.

Scan08-10-272145__.jpg

What were the specs on the 65 grain SGKs load with the Varget. Podwer Wt.,Primer, COAL, etc?

I have had real good results with Benchmark and that bullet, but not any better than your group. That would be a dandy whitetail load if it's legal there. I have seen a few antelope taken with that bullet in the 223 here in SD.

Quote:
the load i used is

primers win sr
powder varget 26gr
oal 2.255

Good shooting! Is this with the TSX bullet?

Never tried the TSX, had such poor results w/X bullets, not to mention terrible copper fouling, never tried another. The TSX does sound interesting, though.

Regards,
hm

Back