Special "Bobcat" Painted AR w/ pics

rockinbbar

My wife has been wanting me to paint her calling rifle ever since I painted mine.

Barbara said she wanted a bobcat track on the side of it....

It got me to thinking about the recent article in Predator Extreme magazine about how coyotes "see" camoflage.

A bobcat has the most convincing camo of nearly all animals that I know of....Plus, I like the way a bobcat is colored. They are magnificent! Especially those with lots of color.

So, I did some thinking about how to paint Barbara's rifle to look like a bobcat pattern.

It took some doing to get a plan & then buy the flat paint that would work for the new camo pattern.
I finally bought what I thought would work, & Saturady evening I put it all together on her rifle.

I mean, my wife is my calling partner, & she is very special, so nothing less than a special paintjob would work, Right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a few pics of her rifle.

As you can see, I DID paint a bobcat print on the reciever for her....She loves the print & the pattern. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What do you guys think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

Closer....for detail

wheelclose.jpg

I'd love to hear your opinions.
BTW, her AR shoots sub-moa & she IS deadly with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for looking!

Barry

Quote:
BTW, her AR shoots sub-moa & she IS deadly with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scary, huh? My dad always said to think twice about teaching your girlfriend/wife how to shoot a gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks great, btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rocky,

I shoot Ultramax 55 gr SP & ballistic tips. My M-4 shoots a little better, but I added a free-float forend to it.

Through my Savage 10FP I get .25 groups pretty consitantly with the same ammo.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

It's making my 'Tiger Stripe' blush.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good job Barry....She has to be really proud of it..

She's very proud of it, OT.
I like to see her smile too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rocky,
No, I don't load for .223 yet. Next Season...

The brand is Ultramax.

Its nice to hear you speak so nice about your wife and hunting partner. You did an excellent job on her AR that is now a one of a kind and will mean more to her than ever. Good Job!!

I'll have to look them up for me, I'm shooting WOLF and it's OK for plinking but not very accurate. I may reload but I'll give them a try. Thanks.

Nice paint job, rockinbbar, but the wife's opinion is the one that really counts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif!

I never tried the Ultramax but the 55 gr. NBT's shoot great in both my Bushmaster Predator and FP10 w/25.5 gr. H335, CCI SR primers & Win. brass. Chrono right at 3300 fps. and are great coyote medicine.

IMG_1539.jpg

As usual, start a couple of grains lower and work up, your mileage may vary.

Regards,
hm

Back