Finally!!!

moonshine44

I know there are a lot of guys here who don't think we should be hunting coyotes this time of year, but my mother-in-law and her sheep don't agree. So I weaseled out of a lot of other stuff I could have been doing today and went hunting. And finally got the first called coyote I've managed to kill in about a year. I was beginning to think my calling had gone south, and I no longer had a clue what I was doing. Set up today under a big juniper tree in dark shade, with about a 15 mile an hour wind blowing. Started out howling (I'm just learning how), then my Lohman cottontail squealer. He showed up at about 175 yards on the other side of the big draw I was calling in, then decided to stall in the shade way over there. The first shot missed, and he ran out about another 10 or 15 yards and stopped. Got him with the second shot. Finally!!!

------------------
yotewalk.gif

If you aren't havin' fun, why bother doin' it?

I'm not one of those guys Moonshine, so I'm going to root you on
biggrin.gif
Good Job!
Kinda makes it all worth the wait when your just coming off a dry spell.
Piece it all together, figure out what you did right, what you did wrong, and get back out there.

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Yes many folks don’t call coyotes while they are raising their young, myself included.
But there's a big difference in recreational calling and predator control work. When predators start eating livestock action has to be taken immediately.

Besides, I don’t think it’s up to me to tell you what you should and shouldn’t do with your life.

Congratulations on your success...
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

[This message has been edited by AzWill (edited 05-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AzWill (edited 05-19-2001).]

Thanks guys. I've got some new Prairie Ghost camo I'm trying, and the howling, and some different cadences for the squealer. Hopefully it'll keep working. I've got a few more I need to clean out.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

If you aren't havin' fun, why bother doin' it?

Moonshine, do what you want to do buddy, it's a personal thing if a guy don't hunt this time of the year, I'm with Az, I don't hunt in dening season either,I think if you have taken as many critters as old Will and I have you may feel the same way, but I don't hold it against anybody that does hunt em, so do your own thing and enjoy what God gave us, we won't be here forever, but the coyots will, so go give em hell hehehe, GOOD HUNTING.

Back