.243 AI almost here

Verminator2

I bought my dad's Remington 700 22-250 to use as a donor action for my .243 AI. I bought a Douglas .243 AI barrel from a friend/gunsmith, so he put the barrel on the action and everything. I also traded a couple calls for my cousins SPS Varmint stock to put on it. Here it is so far.

243Ai016.jpg

I'm waiting for my McMillan A5 in Desert Camo to put on it, it should be SWEET then. I ran some Factory Remington 100gr. Core-Lokts in it to see if it would shoot good enough for deer. After I got it sighted in, 4 shots went into about 3/4". Good enough for me. Can't wait to see what it does with "decent" ammo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Read that article, pretty interesting. I've shot this barrel when it was on a different rifle, shot great, hopefully it will do the same now.

Have you ordered your McM stock yet? I hear often times people are waiting 6 months to year to get them. That would be a killer. They are nice stocks though.

Quote:
Have you ordered your McM stock yet? I hear often times people are waiting 6 months to year to get them. That would be a killer. They are nice stocks though.

I received one a couple months ago. It took almost exactly 4 months, just what they said.

Jack

I was considering one for my last project, but was real hesitant. At the time many were complaining about wait times, and past due delivery times.

It's completly understandable a small shop making so many stocks for the military, police and shooting community. Getting behind is easy.

Maybe they are getting ahead now.

No I haven't ordered it. I'm hoping to find a used one someplace. Still have to get the dough to buy one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hopefully a bobcat this year will take care of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, I gave the stock a bit of a makeover. Didn't have the guts to paint the barrel, which it really needs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
243Ai017.jpg

Here is a group I shot with the barrels previous best load with the 75gr. Vmaxs. Don't know what happened on the last shot though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif 42 grains of IMR 4895.

243Ai020.jpg

Quote:
Don't know what happened on the last shot though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif 42 grains of IMR 4895.

Ben, I'm sure it wasn't the jerk behind the trigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously nice coyote rig you have. I hope you get that flier problem solved.

Lol, I hope not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I shot that in a 8 mph wind at about 4 30 o'clock, fireforming. I'll shoot it again with fire formed loads and a calm wind soon. Hit a rabbit at 275 tonight, and came REAL close on one a tad over 600 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow, keep trying-you'll get one.. That's right you have alot of those little buggers hopping around down there. We got a few on our trip down there. I know that's alot of fun.

Back