Montana Bear hunting (HELP)

2Toms

I am offering a free custom game call of your choice for information on bear hunting in central Montana.

This is the story, the spot I was going to hunt fell through and now I have nowhere to go. If you have information you would like to share in this form, by PM or over the phone that helps me with securing a new spot to hunt bears in central Montana /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifI will send you the link to my Photo bucket and you can pick any call. I will make that call or any call of your design if possible. Your call will take priority in my shop and you will receive it before the season gets started.

Thanks
Tom
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Don't know Central, I know a Mountain in Western with bears crawling all over it! Greg, the future GOVERNMENT official could take you there!

Good luck, Tom!

Its not central Montana, but I could help you out with some areas in the Anaconda area if you don't mind the drive. Send me a PM if your interested.

Fall hunt more to the point next week the week after what i mean to say is i really want to get a bear this year.

I though i would post some pics of my calls maybe it will peak some more interest.

Call038.jpg

Call042.jpg

Call046.jpg

Call059.jpg

Call061.jpg

Call064.jpg

We have tons of bears in the Swan Valley, NW MT. Tonight I just missed a huge reddish/brown, not cinnemon and not brown, with a light colored muzzle. He was gorgous. His belly was about 4-6 inches off the ground and i had my bow hunting deer and elk and he just came down a trail. I launched 2 arrows and undershot the first one and over the back with the second. He ran me ragged, I chased him for 30 -40 min and every time I would get within range he would take off. I was hoping to tree him. You want to come up this way there are lots of bears.

I saw a nice cinnimon in the little snowies yesterday but couldnt get close enough. It was very dry and noisy! Im sure you know where the little snowies are so maybe try that, this weekend is supposed to be colder and with some rain it would make for great stalking but there is not many places you can glass up there. You kind of have to just walk aroung in the woods. Might be worth a try though, it opened on the 15th in that area.

Just returned from Spring Creek area of the Little Belts. Saw tons of scat all over the main road as well as in spring creek campground. One smaller track in the mud in trail creek area. Lots of very quiet elk. No luck but a great time.

Have you looked around the Cascade area? About two weeks ago we saw three running around. I'll be looking to head out there next weekend. Do you hunt alone? And if so, how do you load a bear in a truck by yourself?

Quote:
Do you hunt alone? And if so, how do you load a bear in a truck by yourself?

Rughunter, I backpack/bivy hunt alone in areas with no vehicle access. Though I have not taken a bear yet, when I do get one, I plan to get it out the same way I get an elk out. Skin it, bone out the meat and pack it out with my external frame pack. I don't know if this helps answer your question.

The Swan Valley is up Hwy 83 between Missoula and Kalispell.
I saw a huge black bear last wed evening and a huge griz the next night in the same area. We have loads of Grizzlies and even more black bears. Some say there is about 3 bears per sq mile here and we see lots. Right now they are moving all over. We had 2 grizzlies hit by cars this past week. Lots of bears!

Great information guys going to be hard to decide who gets the call.

Rafterdude- I am going out this week rain or shine and was plannig on the little belts i will post results.

Rughunter- I have seen a few off adel road. I use a come-allong hooked up to the tiedowns in the front of my pickup bed.

Saw scat just about everywhere we went. I know there was a larger bear up high on a ridge but cant remember the name. Will get the area today and get the info to you.

Lots of good areas around here in Sanders County but it appears you are going to find some good spots closer to home. If not, pm me.

Back