make a cheap but dependable gun light....

happyyoter

the one in the picture has the battery internal..it is a rechargeable spring battery lasts all night on a full charge...with moderate use...the diagram is for mounting the light and useing a 6 volt gel cell battery...i use the internel battery..no wires...hit the switch and its on..never had one not come on in about 150 outings...and they will take all the recoil you can give them and will not move as the weaver base mount is tight on the scope...

2e5ihbs.jpg

ix75tz.jpg

I've done the same thing... only used a 1-million candle power rechargable spot-light. We call it the Jedi light... dogs can run... but they can't hide.

i use the battery in the case...it isnt that heavy...but it is nice not fooling with wires and the rechargeable spring battery lasts all night...

i use red or green.i buy dj gel paper.it is 5 dollars for a life time worth...you get red..blue...green..and amber..it can be bought off the net..or a music store...i put it between the bulb and glass..i get 150 yards..seeing the animal clearly,,,eyes...about 250...looking through the scope...lol..sent FP...the diagram..guess they make enough on calls they never got back too me..

Hello there,

I am pretty new to the site and I am glad to see a more affordable alternative. What kind of lantern did you use, or does it matter? When you mention "moderate use", does that mean only use it for a few minutes at a time, or total duration through the night?

I really need a light that can hold up for a while. Once you turn it on, do you leave it on until you have a shot or spot and wait until you think they are closer? I know these are probably silly questions but I am new to this and on a budget.

Thanks!

Back