The Dark Side!!!!!!!!!! You all have finally done it !!!!! w/pic

VaPredHunter

You all have finally pulled me over to the dark side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I never thought really do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifI've been fighting off the urge for some time now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif. I'll never be the same again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Obama Bin Biden also helped I figured if they are elected I’ll never get to own one with all the bans and taxes there are planning for us gun owners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif.

Anyway yesterday I did it went down and picked up a DMPS Panther Bull Sweet Sixteen .223 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.

It seems very nice shot it today got it zeroed in fairly close. It’s going to need a little more work I think.

Any tips or need to know info would be much appreciated as the black guns are new to me. I don’t reload so any tips on factory ammo would also be nice the barrel is a 1 in 9 twist. I started out with 55gr Hornady Vmax Moly.

Thanks Chris,

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Good looking toy!. Hope you love yours as much as my son and I love ours. So far all we have run through ours is cheap Monarch ammo from Academy. The pointed soft point stuff that runs about $9.00 a box. Getting 5 shot groups you can cover with a quarter at 100 yds, Plan to start rolling my own as soon as I get all my reloading stuff set up.
Tony

Don't feel to bad, they did it to me to. Very nice!! Hope you enjoy it. Mine has turned into one of my favorites. When will the madness stop?

Pyscodog

I got "bit" almost 20 years ago now, and I'm still suffering! Nice rifle there! You will enjoy it I'm sure.

Quote:
I got "bit" almost 20 years ago now, and I'm still suffering!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Thats the most understated quote from you Mike. Its more like bit,chewed,swallowed and not spit out yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have an older one (before they started free floating the barrels) and it seems to love the 'cheap' factory ammo....So much so, that I bought a bunch before the crunch set in and haven't found the need to reload for it...

The only thing I've found necessary to change on mine was the trigger and went with the Rock River two stage match grade..

Some complain about the noise factor from the 16" barrel, but I don't notice it, as my adrenaline is up and my hearing protectors work well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very nice and it should be very accurate BUT IT WILL BE VERY LOUD!!!!!!!!! I have a rifle very similar to yours and it BARKS!! Good luck and enjoy your new baby! Lee

You're gonna love it by the fourth mag. through it!! Once you get bit, you're done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I willecho the opinion that the 16's are noisy little guys (I have an Oly K-16) but you will love the platform.. Good job!!
Trashcan
DCC

Get you a Hogue grip for it. You will be glad you did. Well worth the $20.

What is your next one going to be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I had the fever also i just bought a new bushmaster predator with the 20 inch barrel. very fun to shoot seems really accurate also. been shooting at the 200 yd mark. she is going to be a yote killing machine. never thought i would own the black gun but must say i dont see getting rid of it. matter of fact i been looking at a few others. what a blast to shoot. you will enjoy it. I bought mine for the same reason before the november ele. never no what will happen. this is the 5th gun this mon and plan on a few more before i stop buying. cant afford to but cant afford not to at the same time.

Quote:
Obama Bin Biden

LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice rifle but it is just the beginning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Regards,
hm

I will probably pick up a lower next month, also hedging my bets concerning the election. Can't afford a whole rifle right now. I will have identical .223 and 6.8 uppers built (former for 3-gun, latter for warm-fuzzy) in the future as time and money permit. I too have looked askance at the mouse gun for many years, so much so that when I do finally show up at the local 3-gun match (I normally bring an M1) I expect to be seriously razzed. However I also expect to beat a good many of the razzers. ;-)

Quote:
Get you a Hogue grip for it. You will be glad you did. Well worth the $20.

What is your next one going to be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Check into the MIAD from Magpul also, I know it is marketed more towards tactical guys, but I really like the interchangeable backstraps. It can be tailored to actually fill your hand and provide much better trigger control.

Back