Young buck - Game Camera...

cbosshog79

Well, the game cam photos have slowed down the past couple of weeks. I have noticed that the couple bachelor groups of bucks I have been watching have either moved to another area or split up. I had figured it would have been a little early for the later, but the few shots I am getting supports that.

Here is the nice young buck I have been watching. He has a heck of a frame and will make a great deer in a couple of years if we can keep him alive that long.

Just to pass time let me know your guesses on the age and score. I would guess him to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 pounds.

IM000152a.jpg

IM000153a.jpg

IM000154a.jpg

IM000155a.jpg

Cody,
I'm gonna say next year this buck will be a good one(not that he is'nt already). 20010 he will be a monster hopefully he will still be around for the taken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Jay.

A deer like that, in my lease area, wouldn't be able to walk across half of it before you heard someone put a hole in him.

I've let a few smaller deer walk by and had those results. Just hope it was someone's kid, but I really doubt it. Just one of those things that happen on a lease....shouldn't though.

Good luck, keep him happy and fed well and he'll make it another year.

Scott (be nice to have private land again) B

Quote:
Definately not a 1.5 years old. At least 2.5.

That is what I was thinking. Even though I don't have a good "mature" buck picked out for this year watching deer like this will excite you for the future. I have as much fun watching my prospects every year with these cameras as I do hunting them when season arrives...

The shoulder neck junction is what tipped it off to me, rack is too developed to be any younger. shoulders and rack together tell me he is around 2.5

You guys must have some monster deer down there in Texas. To us up here in Missouri that would be considered dead on the spot. Bigger than anything i have ever killed. Could of killed one last year around 180" but he was about 150 yards off of our property and wouldnt budge. Maybe this year.

This is what I like to see. These were obveously taken with my game cam last year. This is a good example of 100% free ranging Texas whitetail.

deer.jpg

deer2.jpg

deer3.jpg

U likey???

Good looking buck there Tweeter! That is a great example of the potential that we have in the area, unfortunitely most of these younger deer don't make it to maturity.

That, my friend is why my lease is top secret... Last year we had that guy, at 10 point 4 eights, either a 6 or a 7 that was huge, but will probably be past his prime this year. I was at full draw on the 10 point last year broadside and still at 63yds, but let him walk. He had broken off an entire mainbeam. Kinda glad I let him walk anyway, he was only about 3.5 years old. Will be a monster next year, if he isnt already this year.

Back