PVC skunk live trap plans?

Wackmaster

Has anyone got a design for a PVC skunk live trap? I am looking at making a few and want input from anyone who has done it or has a good plan. Thanks in advance.

I designed one but it was out of wood not PVC pipe.The only reason I made it out of wood was because I didnt have any PVC pipe big enough for a skunk to fit into.
I didnt make any plans on how its done I just kind of dreamed it up.I could try and explain how its done but I would look really dumb more than likely and I probably wouldnt be much help to you.
I know I got alot of my ideas for my skunk project off of Google though.Just type in "homemade skunk traps" and it should bring some stuff up on how its done.If it doesnt help I can try and make up a plan that shows how to make one and post it up if I can remember how. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Thanks I tried that and did find a few ideas. I like the look of the tube or pipe traps. Supposed to be scratch and spray proof. I think I could make them way cheaper than buy.

Yeah I like the tube traps too.My friend and I made one last year because he had a few skunks up at his front door eating dog food every night so we decided to trap them.We had to find a way to trap em' and not get sprayed in the process so thats how I found out about them.The PVC pipe we were gonna use wasnt wide enough so we made it out of scrap wood from his barn.His house,shed,barn and chicken coop got takin out by a tornado but luckily the only damage to his house was a few broken windows.Anyway we built a box trap that was skunk spray proof out of some peices of wood that used to be his barn.
Its just a box about 10" wide and 10" tall.The base of it is 12" longer than the rest because we drilled two pieces of wood an inch away from the opening where the skunk goes in to keep the skunk from opening the door when it drops behind it.The door is right above the opening and its held up by a stout wire that we bent at the end to make a hook.On the hook of the stout wire we tied fishing line and a hook to it and drilled a hole at the back of the trap and put the hook down in that hole.We put the bait on the fish hook so when whenever the skunk pulls on the bait it slides the wire back and drops the door behind the critter.Thats the shortest way I thought of telling you how its made.I dont really know if that makes much since to you but if it dont tell me and I will try and explain it better.But thats pretty much how its made.
Your right though it is alot cheaper to make one yourself.I think a skunk proof trap I found on the internet was $50 maybe more I cant remember.

Back