Wild Dogs as Predators

When I call some areas of the Navajo reservation I am as likely to call in a feral dog as a coyote. Hunters are encouraged to shoot dogs when seen.

Well, I had another one in the trap this morning, German Shepard mix. The camera showed 2 coming through in the middle of the night 1am and 4am, but I only ended up with one. The pound came and got it before lunch.

We've seen a mama dog who is starting to look like a milk cow hanging around near the creek. I walked down there a while ago and there were 7 pups (about 6 weeks old) sitting on the bank. We got a cage and went down there. My dad went down the bank trying to scoop them up before they ran and throw them in the cage. Problem was that the mama dog showed up and I was having to fend her off with my stick.

It got a little too wild, and the pups were scattering, so we backed off and threw a little food down there. Skin and bones all of them, including the mama. There's also a drainage pipe down there they are hiding in. They pop out at the other end 50 yards away.

Quote:
hitandmiss,
were you in AZ when this happened? if so, what part of the state? i encountered a pack of 7 wild dogs in 4B while scouting for future hunts. fortunately we(my kids and I)had just got into the truck when I saw them. i didn't shoot them cuz at the time i had no idea. learned from this site and a AZGFD guy later that day what they were.

Yep good old AZ we were East of St. Johns when this happened.

Had a big black dog this morning. Pretty wild. Then we reset across the road and got the big mama dog. Then we scooped up the 7 pups (all male). So the dog catcher was out her twice today for 9 dogs. Makes 11 this week.

Then there are these:

fox1.jpg

fox2.jpg

fox3.jpg

fox4.jpg

Beautiful Grays!

friend of mine saw 3 dogs eating a doe. they had ate part of her hindquarters. she was not dead and was dragging herself with her front

stonewall61

Back