"SLYDOG" calls

Pup's right, no kidding. Puting your finger over the little side hole causes a tone change. BUT, puting your finger over the bell and letting the sound come out the little hole creates a whole different sound! Love my classic.

I have been trying to contact Slydog via email, but have not heard back from him. Does anyone know a quick way to reach him without violating his privacy? Emails are not working..apparently!

Rustydog.

I have MONEY and want to spend it! (Think that will work!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sometimes Sly is hard to contact. He travels a lot to different outdoor shows, gives seminars at places like Sportsmans Warehouse, guides handicapped people, has his youth program, making calls, etc. Then when hunting season comes around, forget it!
Just keep trying, you'll get him eventually. :rolleyes:

I talk to him off and on, I'll give him a call and let him know he has a fan base and people are wanting autographs! He'll get a kick out of that.
He does get around a lot, and is tough to catch. It'll be hard to find a better guy though, he does so much for the kids it's incredible.

Give me a day or so...

I got in touch with him yesterday and told him i was interested in 1 maybe 2 calls, he wrote me back with all kinds of info and I am definetly going to go with either the "o" or the "or" and the sly pup howler.....just waiting now for him to get back with an address.

Good gracious, when the Ol'dogs away look what happens.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and I'm very flattered, I never knew I had so many fans,,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm also sorry that I haven't been in here for a few days and that I'm so hard to contact..

Rustydog, I have not recived any e-mail from you, may have gone to the wrong addy, so I'll put up my e-mail and phone number up for everyone.

ravenarr1@aol.com or phone @ 208 841-5554 Just ask for sly

Nasa, hows your season going and is the "clasic" a killer or what, Its probably my favorite call just because there is so many things that you can do with just one call around your neck. My problem is theere are so many good call makers here at this board and most of them I have made trades with, now I have so many good calls that its hard to pick what to use,,,LOL

As far as my calls go I'm running out early this year. Have had so many orders and I only build so many a year. But there are a few "O" and "CLASIC" left. at this point I have to build any "OR" thats ordered cause I have sold out and all howlers are built by order only. I will do custom orders as long as the antler lasts. all buffalo horn calls and howlers have been sold and am waiting on horn from supplyers. Any calls that were made for this year have been hunted over but any custom orders will take a little longer than calls that were hunted over last season as we all know things are slow'in down a little for distress call'in. The good news is that howlin is workin real well right now and if you howl and then through in a distressed critter your odds go up.

Thanks Rich, Nasa,Todd, Wayne, Krusty, BigC and everyone for the pat on the back. It's nice to know your work is treasured, when its by another call maker its all the sweeter

Thanks Boys

sly

Sly,
i would like to order 2 calls if you are still taking orders. i sent you an email and left a message at your house. i hear nothing but great things about your calls. i look foward to hearing from you,
Ken

EVERYONE needs to have at least ONE "slydog" call in their bag of tricks. Problem is that these things are like those potato chips they used to advertise---You will never be satisfied with just ONE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with rich...only I keep two in my bag at all times....I blow the open reed the most, and after I kill what ever fox, coyote, or bobcat that came in, I sit and look at how pretty the closed reed one is...very fine calls!

I just need to get one of those cronk calls in my bag now!

C

My Slydog Howler.
f9a1dc1e.jpg

I got several of Slydogs calls and everyone is truly WICKED. There is nothing else out there like it. He is a perfectionist. That is why they are like they are. Each call has alot of time invested on them.

God Bless,

SONG DOG

Well guys better get them before they're gone, I talked to Sly lastnight and I believe he said he only has 14 of the "Clasic" left.. and I also ordered my Sly-Pup howler, now I just have to try to control myself till they get here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I heard a rumor aout a guy named sly darg or something like that. I hear that he is out looking for antler sheds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

well the news is on and I almost got thrown in jail trying to pick up sheads at the zoo.......LOL
Hope it don't make headlines.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

whats the deal Rich, did you drop a dime on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sly

Hey Sly,

Rich is just trying to keep you in the shop, off the streets, and out of trouble!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's all that LEO training......

Good Hunting.......oh, I mean call making!

Bob

I got so much work now that I can't die for 57 years.......LOL maybe Rich can come and sub out in my shop for about 3 months and then I could hunt more than 3 days a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good news, I'm getting caught up and the bad news is there are only 3 ,,2004 slydog "CLASIC"s left and then no more till the 05's come out in January of 05..and yes I do have a reserve list for you collectors that want low numbers...

I am looking for whitetail antler (brown) no white or bleached antler,3/4 of an inch thick at just above the base.... will buy or trade.. just so you know all the "clasic"s are made from the base of the antler, to make 150 calls that means 75 sets of antlers unless I mess one up or 7 I should say,,,LOL....So you see I always need antler..

Thanks everyone, there will be happy little people in camo this spring thanks to your orders.

sly

Back