Another member banned from PM........

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg223

......for awhile. bea175 is on a forced vacation. I understand some members have tried to contact him with pm's. That is why you who are, are not getting a reply.

Well that sucks! I know Bob personally and he is a resonable guy! I noticed he wasnt replying to my pm. I think I know what it is about and I thought it was only minor. Course we dont know what went on behind the scenes with the mods either. I may have to call him!

I dont know the reasons and dont need too but makes me sometimes not reply on things that my be a little touchy,like replies on some guys new hunting rig or call that he just made or even someones type-o that might be funny. It is sometimes hard to read someones intent on the internet ,how thick or thin somes skin is or how well thet take a little ribing or how far to go on a simple discussion over caliber or when to hunt or banning members has to be a tough decesion to make .

I won't comment on bea175, but you folks don't have anything to worry about. The TOS (Terms of Service) are pretty clear. Don't violate the TOS and have fun.

I just read the terms of service again and seems to be preaty easy to follow ,actually it was my first time to read it and I am sure others have not looked at it either take the time to it might help all of us in the long run ,now when a mod tells me back off a little i can say ok I understand the rules agree or not it is posted in black and white its our choice to be here.

Quote:
actually it was my first time to read it and I am sure others have not looked at it either

When you registered, you had to click "I agree" to the Terms of Service. You may have clicked "I agree" without reading it, but you should have seen it.

The rules are pretty basic. No name calling, racial slurs, harassing other members, stuff like that.

If you are asked by a moderator to stop doing any of those things and tell them to take a flying leap, you might have some problems.

No ones goes on vacation on accident, or without knowing why and also having had several chances.

C'mon guys, if it was easy to get the boot here,it would happen with greater frequency.Look at some of the posts in the church and tell me its easy to get slapped.A lot of the people there get...shall we say agitated.Don't let a paranoia set in over things which none of us know the details of,lets try to follow the rules and be ready to apologize when we do screw up.This place is fun and informative, otherwise, none of us would be here.Let's let the mods do their job and support them for the time they put in for free to make this place the enjoyable place that it is.I, too like bea,but this is a private matter not open for speculation.

Quote:
Watch your P's and Q's and you will be fine......maybe

Just a little trivia. That saying comes from the old English pubs where you were expected to mind your P ints and Q uarts or face the consequences. A warning from experience, don’t get “86’ed” by your girlfriend. You’ll catch even more grief when she gets home.

Quote:
C'mon guys, if it was easy to get the boot here,it would happen with greater frequency.Look at some of the posts in the church and tell me its easy to get slapped.A lot of the people there get...shall we say agitated.Don't let a paranoia set in over things which none of us know the details of,lets try to follow the rules and be ready to apologize when we do screw up.This place is fun and informative, otherwise, none of us would be here.Let's let the mods do their job and support them for the time they put in for free to make this place the enjoyable place that it is.I, too like bea,but this is a private matter not open for speculation.

For whatever reason, I think "The Church" gets a little more leeway with the TOS. There's so much name calling going on in there, if the TOS were strickly followed, alot of people would be getting the boot. Now I'm not defending anyone, especially this guy, but if you look at DaddyRabbit's posts, and all the names he's called, it would be pretty empty at "The Church". Like I said, don't get the wrong idea, I agree with most of the names. Just an observation of the TOS enforcement in "The Church".

FWIW, it's more tricky there due to the nature of topics. By & large I do give more leeway than is otherwise allowed. Political discussion tends to get heated. At the same time we do work to try & keep things civil. There are limits and people who can't or won't control their behavior eventually find themselves on the wrong end of a discussion regarding what should be done.

I don't think the church belongs on a predator hunting website, honestly. A forum for 2nd amendment issues does, but political discussion is off off topic. Just 2 cents.

[quote
For whatever reason, I think "The Church" gets a little more leeway with the TOS. There's so much name calling going on in there, if the TOS were strickly followed, alot of people would be getting the boot. Now I'm not defending anyone, especially this guy, but if you look at DaddyRabbit's posts, and all the names he's called, it would be pretty empty at "The Church". Like I said, don't get the wrong idea, I agree with most of the names. Just an observation of the TOS enforcement in "The Church".

There are literally hundreds of sites folks can go to and discuss politics until their blue in the face or until the cows come home, whichever comes first. Places created for the sole purpose of discussing politics.

I just don't understand why folks choose a site such as PREDATOR Masters to discuss politics.

Anybody want to explain why they would rather discuss politics here, on PREDATOR Masters, a HUNTING type board, rather than a POLITICAL type board??

Maybe I'm missing something. Enlighten me. Thanks.

Like it or not, politics directly impacts us as hunters, shooters & gun owners. It isn't just about the 2nd, it comes at us from many angles. Something as seemingly unrelated as tax rates. If you have less money to spend, something has to give. That something just might be hunting trips (even local ones), new gun purchases, or new calls or other accessories, or even ammunition or reloading supplies.

Quote:
[quote

There are literally hundreds of sites folks can go to and discuss politics until their blue in the face or until the cows come home, whichever comes first. Places created for the sole purpose of discussing politics.

I just don't understand why folks choose a site such as PREDATOR Masters to discuss politics.

Anybody want to explain why they would rather discuss politics here, on PREDATOR Masters, a HUNTING type board, rather than a POLITICAL type board??

Maybe I'm missing something. Enlighten me. Thanks.

I like to discuss politics and topics of the day with friends from PM. We tend to be like minded individuals and have the same take (for the most part) on current events. There are forums on this site that I rarely if ever visit, but thats fine if someone else wants too. If you do not like the Church, don't visit, easy as that. I kind of view it as setting around the campfire with my hunting buddies and discussing the days events.

FWIW, the existence of a political forum originated with Will, the man who started this place. He asked me if I would be willing to moderate such a forum and I was not even registered here at the time (spring 2001).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back