Oct. '08 Predator Xtreme p. 78 Coyotes Eyesight

GeorgiaJoe

The first of what looks to be an excellent series on coyotes vision. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Be sure and check it out!
GAJoe

I haven't gotten my copy yet. I'm interested in this writeup, as I did quite a bit of research on that topic for a seminar in Oklahoma. Should be an informative read.

Tony

Quote:
I haven't gotten my copy yet. I'm interested in this writeup, as I did quite a bit of research on that topic for a seminar in Oklahoma. Should be an informative read.

Tony

My dad got his copy over 2 weeks ago and thought that article was real good. I have yet to get my copy either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I got my copy of Predator Xtreme today. I read the article " The Eyes Have It". I don't really care what a coyote sees when it looks at things because what I have been doing for the last 20 years has worked just fine. I do wear camo and have all my guns painted camo and whatever they see when they look at me doesn't seem to bother them UNLESS I MOVE. I wear green camo if I am sitting in front of green junipers and I wear tan or brownish camo when I am laying in the dry grass or bare ground that I hunt on. I think the coyotes sense of smell is much more important to worry about than their vision. If you move most of the time they will see your movement. I sit on the sunny side of the trees and rocks when I have to, to keep the wind direction in my favor so the coyotes won't smell me. Over the years I have killed a lot more coyotes that didn't like what they saw than the coyotes that didn't like what they smelled. I took these two pictures last season and the coyote was 15 yards from me. As it was approaching the call it heard my camera and looked right at me.
IMG_2563-2.jpg

Whatever this coyote saw didn't seem to bother it too much.
IMG_2567.jpg

This picture was four pictures later, whatever this coyote saw didn't seem to bother him any. Just don't move and don't let them smell you.

I havent got mine either. I did see one in a grocery store last week so I called them and PX told me it was on its way. First time I've seen it in store before it was at my door.

Too bad we have to wait months for the other information, I could use that NOW!! I got my issue today and read the article twice as well...........

John

Quote:
I thought the article was a tease with not much useful info...that seems to be coming the next two installments.

I agree with the tease and not much useful info. On the front of the magazine, the question " is your camo all WRONG?" didn't impress me much. When I raise my shotgun to shoot a coyote that is 20 yards away and the coyote cocks his head to the side like a puppy and looks at me with that
"what the [beeep] is that" look, my camo is doing it's job.

I have not been coyote hunting for many years like others. But I have experienced the same thing that Bob has on a few occastions. I had one come within 20 ft or so, but He couldnt smell me, he knew I didnt belong there but I never moved a muscle. I think as Bob stated that Movement is gonna get you busted more than the wrong color camo. Hope to get my Copy soon !

One of the coyotes in my avatar pic was shot at 12 yards after she had been looking straight through my hunting partner and I for almost a minute. She turned her head just long enough for me to get my shotgun up and make the shot. I had natural gear camo on at the time and we were backed up into two bushes. Im pretty sure my camo worked that day.

Back