Selling a muzzleloader?

duckdog

Hey guys, I've never bought or sold any firearms over the internet and I was kinda toying around with the idea of maybe selling my muzzleloader. Seems like I remember seeing somewhere that you don't have to use a FFL. What's the scoop? Thanks.

What kind of muzzleloader is it ? I know that there are some that do have to go through an FFL . The only one I remember for sure is the Encore but there are others too . Check with your local dealer , they should know the rules .

Quote:
That's correct. As far as the Feds are concerned a ML is not a firearm. There may be some state laws that apply though.

Jack

A few years back, there was some attempt to get the MLs with a bolt and cap system to be under fed control - but I don't know if that was successful or not.

Anyway, it doesn't apply here.

Watch out for New York, New Jersey, and Calif...

They ban everything - a pellet gun will get you a year in "da joint" in NYC and Jersey.

I would say you should be ok in most places. here is a link to a traditional ML site where you might find some one who is interested. They have been very helpful for me getting back into MLing. If you are not sure you want to give it up you might get some ideas to try. Good luck
Mark

Traditional MLing fourm

I forgot - what do you think you would liked for it?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you need to add Illinois to that list of states to watch out for. I tried to buy a muzzle loader there two years ago and they said they could not sell it to me because I was out of state and it was a controlled firearm. I told the guy that I thought muzzleloaders were different and he only replied "Not in Illinois!" and walked away. That's where Obama is from?!?!?!?

Make sure the state you are seding it to allows ML's with out FFL transfer. Most states have not started restricting them but PA tried a couple years ago, states seem to enact gun laws with no public notifacation a lot. Esspecially those left leaning ones.

Quote:
states seem to enact gun laws with no public notifacation a lot. Esspecially those left leaning ones.

"Seems" is the key word in your quote as due process does require public notice. Even my looney state if thats what they call it posts all bills once filed and they can be looked up and status checked online. My state is what other states are judged against when being considered left/liberal.

Most of us do not have that kind of time thats why local gun advocacy groups and membership is key to protecting your rights and staying on top of all current issues.

Sorry about getting off topic just need to keep everyone informed of our rights and not to let regulations/ laws get passed without our attempt to be heard.

Back