A good day in AZ ! 1st Double Ever - called in 4 dropped 3

AZPredatorSlayer

I went out this moring to a spot I found on using google earth. It Looked pretty thick with a clearing on each side. The wind was perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Set up with a good clearing around me. Set up the FX3 and started with Bird desstress trying to call in a bobcat.
As my luck would have it about 14 minutes a female yote comes in quick and stops about 40 yrs away, down wind of the caller looking at my feather decoy.
I drop her with the 12 gauge.
IMG_3749.jpg

I changed guns and picked up my Colt AR 223 (so he doesn't fell left out.)
I keep calling but switched to challenge howls, followed by pup distress knowning this is a good area and other would still come in. At the 20min mark, I spot a bigger male yote coming in from the left upwind charging hard.
I bark at him at 60yrs and he stops. I take the shot. He drops, but still a little fight left in him so I follow up with a headshot.

The 50 grain Vmax made a big hole so I can't show the gorey picture I took of this yote. Messy hit to the shoulder. Eyes popping out YUCK!

I called for another five minutes then ended the set.

This is my first Double yote on one set. I have called in doubles and triples but never dropped more that one before the others took off.
IMG_3752.jpg

FX3, 12Gauge-DC, Colt AR-223.50gnVmax.
IMG_3754.jpg

Bound and determined to call in a bobcat I set up about 1/2 mile away. This time with just the AR since its a big clearing. About 15mins into this set I have this young yote come out where I expected a cat, about 125yrds away. So I took the shot. DRT
IMG_3760.jpg

I changed up the sound to pup distress and from my left side a older yote come busting around my set. I bark and tried to get him to stop and he wouldn't I gave him a little lead and CLICK. The clip was not in all the way and the gun did not recyle a new round into the gun. I slapped the clip and cycled a around but by then the yote was out of site and barking at me. I kept going since it did not wind me. But after 5 minutes it never came back. I then called it a day. A good one at that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sounds like a darn good day! Got my FoxPro charging as I type this. I'm trying real hard to wait unit they fur-up good around here, but I don't think I'll make it.

That is a good morning for sure. I have a really hard time getting myself to sit more than 15 minutes. Especially if I can't see very far.

Theres nothing as exciting as that first double, you will always remember that morning. I have called in as many as 5 at one time but have yet to do better than double.I will keep on trying though, you can bet on that.Good job James!

Back