Randy Anderson joins up with Primos?

tomtool

I just got a new magazine and there is a double page add with Randy and his new calls designed and built by Primos. What is the deal with this? He was really high on the Verminators calls, Dan Thompson and his howlers were the Red Desert and the other I don't remember. Is this just marketing to sell more videos? Did he have a falling out with the other guys? Just wondering.

Tomtool

I'm just guessing but it's likely that Primos said here's a bunch of cash to smile into the camera and help us peddle these calls. Spokesman/rep sort of thing. Happens all the time.

Randy

Randy, I expect you are right...

The downside to this is that Primos doesn't even have these calls in stock to sell... I called them, they said January... DUH...

Tomtool

What is the name of the magazine's name?

I have some of Primos calls and they are not bad.

Randy Anderson's camera work in his video's could be improved and Primos camera work is great in their video's.

This could be a win for Randy and a win for us video buyers. I hope the best for him.

Gray Fox

This happens alot in the calling world. I see it alot in the turkey call Ind. I make and sell calls to a lot of companys that put there name on the calls and sell them. Alot of call co dont make any calls they buy them from other people package them and sell them. Thats the way it works. Primos also put batty on there can call with his big Ohio buck last year.

When I called turkey calling contest all the time. I called for several diffrent call co, I never used there calls, I built my own custom calls, you cant buy a call in a package that has the sound to win contests. I wore there shirts and hats but used my own calls. They could care less, as long as you wore there logo's. When I ran friction calls, I used several diffrent custom calls from diffrent companys. No one ever ask an questions. Its all in the advertizing!

This could be a good move for him. When you first start out sometimes it takes a while to get going. You dont have the cash for advertizing that the big companys do. You got to do what you haft to do!
They can put money in places you cant, packaging and advertizing!

Kee

It is just buisness. If I could make the money to hunt like Randy Anderson is going to I would to. Knowing how hard one has worked to get where he is he probably deserves it. I think it was a little insensitive for him not to call me and let me know before I bought the Red Desert Howler and Tweety and Bill Austin howler kit last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif . All at one time from allpredatorcalls.com by the way they got them here in 2 days that is amazing. Hopefuly they will be stocking Randy's calls so I can order them to.

Hey I say more power to him, get what he can while he is able to do so. If he can sell the camo or the whatever and make his family's life better...why not. You would wouldn't you?

In his latest video, Dave Tatum uses a primo diagram call for his howling so it's not like this is a huge surprise...The way I see it, Randy just shows what works and obviously they do...We may not like some of the big companies (like me), Hey I'm all for the little guy, underdog, and all of those that wade against the tide once in a while. Be it pride, the american way or what the reason. I have a lot of respect for Randy..He saw an opportuntiy with his first video and has built on it. He also uses Praire Ghost camo along with other products..But I do find it odd that these calls aren't available yet..

my 2 cents

Happy hunting to all and to all a good hunt. (let's all keep a good spirit)

The magazine is Predator Xtreme p. 42-43. I'm not trying to bust his chops just a comment. I guess I'm more like Mr. Cronk. I wish him and all of us well.

tomtool

Randy Anderson is very marketable. He puts coyotes on the ground. He is a character. He is a very likeable guy and I really like watching his videos. He appears to be doing very well and I wish the best to him. I wish I could get him to use my goose calls.

Randy Merta

I agree. I like the Randy Anderson tapes and have learned alot of techniques from them. I was most shocked by the prices listed in the ad for the new calls. They were all about $35.00! They do come with a CD with instructions, but this still seems to be a high price to me. I guess time will tell.

The add is in the Feb. issue. Primos approached Randy on this. He is helping them design the calls, they put them together, send him a demo., he trys it, doesn't like it, sends it back to revamp it, they send another one to him, he trys it, dislikes it, sends it back. Mean while, Primos gets the "horse infront of the cart" and starts advertising them, when they yet have the final design. Randy has not/did not have a "falling out" with the other call makers. Primos has calls in the rest of the hunting world and they are trying to get thier "foot in the door" on predators, and who better to help them do it! More power to Randy! As far as the price, put a big name on them like Primos, and you pay for it! It goes something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think this is a good move for randy. I wish him all the best! Primos is a good outfit, good vidios, good calls and good people. This could be a very good move for randy. Like I said a big all maker can do alot for you.... Wish him the best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Primos already have two nice predator calls.The Regulator 10 and 14 and both are open reed and work quite well.I have never had my Regulator 10 lock up and it also can be used as a howler in a pinch.

Sounds like our friend songdog has the situation pegged. If Randy Anderson stands firm in his demand for good quality product before he puts his name on it, then we all will win in the long run.

I agree with Songdog and Rich. Primos is just tapping the predator market, and figured the best way was to have Randy Anderson endorse the calls. I think it is a win,win,win situation for all involved, Randy makes money, Primos makes money, And we the public get more calling videos to watch in the off season. plus more calls to try out if we are so inclined to.

just my .02

Back