Scopes on your coyote shotgun....

MonteMiles

Does anybody use scopes (red dots,etc) on their shotgun while hunting coyotes? If so, what has worked for you and what hasnt? Thanks

I put a Nikon Muzzleloader w/BDC scope on my Russian Baikal 30-06/12 ga rifle shotgun and it works fine.. A buddy has a Redfied red dot on his shotgun and it works for him.
good luck.

I don't shoot coyotes with this Mossberg 835, but it could. It's set up for turkeys and has an Aimpoint 5000 with a one minute dot. Works for turkeys out ot 60 yards.

Mossberg835-aimpoint.jpg

If you are in the mood for a Red Dot, I would highly recommend the Nikon. I has 4 different sizes of dots for different lighting situations, and 11 different brightness settings.

I have only used the Nikon on a 22 pistol shooting the "Steel Challenge" which requires very fast target shooting.

I use a Weaver V3 1-3x scope on my shotgun. I tried a red dot but didn't like the large ruby colored objective shining for turkeys to see.

What IDBob said. I just got rid of my Mossberg 835 (gave it to a friend) but I had a tight turkey choke on it and an Aimpoint on it. It was dialed in with Winnie 3 1/2" #5's for turkey hunting, but I have a box of Dead Coyote loads sitting right here next to me. I plan on replacing it with a 935 as soon as I get a chance. And yeah, another Aimpoint is going on top. That 3 1/2" kicks like the dickens, and I use an Aimpoint because I think that they have to be tough as nails for the military to use them, and I know it won't fail and I'm getting a quality product. I may try the Micro on the 935.

I bought the mount and red dot scope from cabelas, five minute mounting and seems on target. I use my 870 for coyote and keep the 835 just for turkeys. Same set up would work but I keep a turkey choke in the 835 and a coyote choke in the 870. I am not sure what the difference is but two guns is always better than one LOL

Back