hot load breaks plastic bolt cover on tikka t3

easy_money

Hi Guys,
I shot a hot load today through my tikka t3 light varmint .223. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gifon accident, a PMP case and a hot afternoon got me).

It popped the plastic cover on the back of the bolt off.
The bolt was sticky,but not too hard to open. Everything else appeared to be o.k. A ring inside the plastic cover that holds it in place was cracked. The cover stays on the bolt when the bolt is open, but when the bolt is closed, it will slide rearward off of the bolt.
Is this a part that someone sells and I can order and replace myself?

Is it a, gunsmith has to fix, type of repair?

Any advice or suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'd give Beretta a call. www.berettausa.com and talk to one of their tech people. It may be a part that they could send to you and replace yourself. At worst you might have to send them the bolt and have them do it. Doesn't seem like a big deal. I don't know that I'd tell them it was a hot load or not though, but that's up to you.
Good luck!!

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I shot a hot load today through my tikka t3 light varmint .223. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gifon accident, a PMP case and a hot afternoon got me).

It popped the plastic cover on the back of the bolt off.
The bolt was sticky,but not too hard to open. Everything else appeared to be o.k. A ring inside the plastic cover that holds it in place was cracked. The cover stays on the bolt when the bolt is open, but when the bolt is closed, it will slide rearward off of the bolt.
Is this a part that someone sells and I can order and replace myself?

Is it a, gunsmith has to fix, type of repair?

Any advice or suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Contact Beretta. I had a similar thing happen to my Tikka 7mm. Mine was cracked when I bought it and they just sent me a new one free of charge.

Back