Where's NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

claimbuster

Haven't seen NASA around lately. Anybody know where he is?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
He was apparently banned during the last round of house keeping here...

That's a shame. Tom could sometimes bring a lot of wisdom to a conversation.

Quote:
Really? Out of curiousity what does it take to get banned?

Well lets see Tom is

very intelligent
speaks his mind
definitely not politically correct
all around good fella to hunt and shoot with
one of the most observant people I know
dry sense of humor...but funny just the same

apparently that must be it..........

Quote:
Quote:

Well lets see Tom is

very intelligent
speaks his mind

Steve, that sounds like YOU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I got all excited when I mis-read RedFrog's post about 2008 changes...
I mistakenly thought that when a member was banned, or a sponsor was pulled, there would be a post explaining the specific misbehavior, how it violated the TOS, and the course of action taken by the moderators. (Not that there would be membership input, absolutely not, that wouldn't work AT ALL, but just for a little administrative accountability.)
Then I realized he was just referring to legal action against the slander and garbage going on elsewhere on the internet amongst a few of the former members who have nothing else to do with their day.

Hope NASA makes it back, he's a good man.

Quote:

We have a set of guide lines here called the Terms of Service. Everyone agrees to them when they register.

You can find them here: TOS

Quote:
Quote:

Out of curiousity, is that question like bait?

No, not at all. I see many people on the board who are constant instigators, but it seemed like NASA always had something to contribute. I assume it is a larger issue and that the populous here will most likely never know what it was although I assume it relates to number 6 on the TOS page.

With that said, it would be nice to know what is a unforgivable error in the minds of the moderators. It is as innocent as it appears, nothing else...

Sometimes operating this board requires difficult decisions to be made. We have a process in place to do this.

Important decisions regarding board policy or action taken are made by a vote of all the moderators and administrators. It has been and will continue to be Predator Master policy to not discuss these issues on open forum. They are policy decisions and we try to respect the privacy of those involved.

Now I must admit that I am LMAO at the NEW *PM Administration* staff. What the heck is that all about? Annonomous staff and moderators now? It looks rather silly. But what do I know.

Quote:
Sometimes operating this board requires difficult decisions to be made. We have a process in place to do this.

Important decisions regarding board policy or action taken are made by a vote of all the moderators and administrators. It has been and will continue to be Predator Master policy to not discuss these issues on open forum. They are policy decisions and we try to respect the privacy of those involved.

enough said...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well lets see Tom is

very intelligent
speaks his mind

Steve, that sounds like YOU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Steve,
You just thought I lived close to the ground.....in reality I live on the edge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
Now I must admit that I am LMAO at the NEW *PM Administration* staff. What the heck is that all about? Annonomous staff and moderators now? It looks rather silly. But what do I know.

With a post count at 1? There is a certain amount of accountability that goes with using a persons forum name in a post.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm off my nut, but I doubt even the ones who feel they were banned for good reason would mind that the reason was posted publicly.

Makes me wonder whos "privacy" is being protected.

I agree with the TOS, and I'd likely be more hard nosed than alot of the admin in their position, because I understand the reasoning behind the TOS. I realize what PM could someday be, and how we have to conduct ourselves at the highest standard of excellence in order to eventually get there. We have to be appealing to any member's ultra-conservative Grandmother. We have to be careful. There's no alternative if PM is to reach the level of NWTF, or RMEF, or even the NRA...

But I really think posting an explanation of a banning or a sponsorship revocation wouldn't hurt anything or anyone. In fact, I think it could be an overall positive.

Now this is something new! All things put asside can we have some sort of explanation of exactly who or more likely WHAT, "PM Administration" is. It seems to me that a change of this nature would best explained to the general board membership before or at the very least during the first post.

It does seem odd that Predator Masters administration would find the need to hide, and I do mean hide, behind a previously unannounced broad brush entity like, "PM Administration". With that being said I can understand the desire of the board "Spokesmen" to show a difference between posting moderator or personal opinion and official board policy. That would seperate personal opinion from official opinion that the Spokesmen had little say in deciding.

Sometimes it is not a single event that triggers the process. It is often a culmination of things and a situation develops that is no longer tenable.

There is not a moderator or administrator here that does not take the warning, suspension or banning of a member very seriously. These decisions are always made by a vote. There is not one person here that can arbitrarily revoke someone's posting privileges.

PM's goal is to promote discussion about predator hunting. Removing posting privileges doesn't help with that goal. We try to encourage members to ask and answer questions regarding the sport. We also encourage members to offer and discuss opinions on the sport, techniques, products etc. We want members to post their successes and failures.

We simply ask that it be done with some respect for other members.

No doubt there are some who post to instigate. They try to disrupt the board and most times contribute nothing positive. Even these posters are given a great deal of leeway until it becomes evident that they have a different set of goals than PM does, and we will not find common ground.

We realize everyone has an "off" day from time to time and we've all hit "enter" and thought better of it later.
Some members do contribute in a positive manner some times, only to cause a great deal of "maintenance" at others. These are the ones that cause the most difficult decisions. We try to find a balance.

We ask only that you use some common sense and respect when posting. This is a family board and our rules are set up to maintain that. If you post here we expect you to accept that premise.

Administration accountability is one of our primary goals and that is why, at any given time we have approx. twenty volunteers who must agree on our course of action. There is no risk of losing a salary or benefits, because there are no salaries or benefits, just some people united in a common goal.

In the past we have reinstated members who had had their privileges revoked, so it is possible. It would again be subject to a discussion and vote by all the moderators and admin staff.

If a member has a question or disagrees with something we do, they should contact one of the moderators or admin and the issue will be brought to the moderators' forum for discussion and resolution.

Predator Masters no longer has a position of Spokesman. It became too difficult for some to seperate the messenger from the message, and it was easier to hammer the messenger than to read and follow the message.

Policy here is NOT made or directed by one person or sponsor. PM is administered by moderators and a Board of Directors as a group.

Now there's a wonderfully crafted post ..... to well crafted for it to be truly "off the cuff". I bet that one's been sitting almost complete on a burner waiting for the best time to spring it on the membership.

So, am I to read this correctly? We are no longer allowed to ask a question about Predator Masters policy on the open board for everyone to read the answers to? Questions will be handed one by one to one of the moderators through "PM" or E-mail for consideration in the dark confines of the back room where eventually an answer might, no guarantees except knowing that it might someday pop out? I don't know why but this seems less and less like the friendly home town board I once knew everyday.

Edited to remove a misplaced word

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back