Amazing Video to see Guys! Hilarious!

It probably isn't good to have all these videos floating around you tube, but they are. But it is what it is. PDs take flight when hit with a high velocity projectile. We don't mind sharing pics of harvested game such as coyotes, elk, deer etc. so it should also be okay to share a pic of a harvested pd. Heck it's even okay to post video of a coyote actually being shot and dying for everyone on the internet to see. As long as it's not "gory" it is okay for this site. And on other sites it may not matter. Doesn't make a difference to me.

All I know is that it's a shame we, as shooters/hunters, must make this distinction to protect ourselves. But I say, 'why try and hide the truth?' Sure it's easy for the anti's to use the red mist videos against us, because most non-hunting citizens could and do find it disturbing. Just as the average citizen would find the everyday slaughter of their BigMac disturbing. But if the 'gory' pics and video were not available to the anti's they would just go on and use the pics and vids that the majority of shooter/hunters and this site consider 'tasteful'. I guess we are screwed either way!

I can not condemn the guys posting "graphic" vids on the internet. They are doing nothing wrong, nothing illegal. They are only showing the same thing I've done a thousand times. I just don't find the need to record it on video and post it on the net.

CatShooter- I know it would be great if we all had our own private dog towns or our own private coyote country, or even public ground without the competition of today, it would provide higher returns for our trips afield. But if there were only a few hundered varmint shooters/hunters or coyote callers in this country we wouldn't stand a chance against the antis! They would beat us just by numbers alone. We need all the support we can get from anyone who is interested in varmint/predator hunting, or the anti's will win for sure!

Quote:
... CatShooter - I know it would be great if we all had our own private dog towns or our own private coyote country, or even public ground without the competition of today, it would provide higher returns for our trips afield. But if there were only a few hundered varmint shooters/hunters or coyote callers in this country we wouldn't stand a chance against the antis! They would beat us just by numbers alone. We need all the support we can get from anyone who is interested in varmint/predator hunting, or the anti's will win for sure!

Well... you caught me on a grumpy morning, so I'm gonna say what I'm thinking with the filters off.

First, don't take something I say out of context or "re"-invent it.

I never said anything about having my own PD town (though I will gladly take one if you have it to spare), and I never said anything about there being a few "hundered" varmint shooters.

So if you want to comment about something I said, GET IT RIGHT the first time and don't change the content or the meaning of what I said for your own purposes.

Get your poopie together and say something that makes sense - all by yourself.

-

If there were a few hundred of us, or even 100,000+ of us, no one would care.

It's not the numbers, it's the attitude.

It's when you turn it into a media event, and places start advertising it, and there are contests and competitions about it... that's when you loose it.

It's when you promote it so hard that every dipstick and yahoo with a deer rifle says...

"I am all about going to do this. Anyone know of a good place to go? I have heard that some of the farmers will let you hunt for no charge...anyone know of a place? "...

... then you loose it.

I remember when there were fishing contests in Florida, and guys pulled up 400+ pound groupers. Then it got written up and got nation attention...
... when's the last time you heard of a fishing contest in Florida?

The same is happening to Bass fishing. The greenies are all over it.

The same with the shark fishermen (like we need more sharks along out beaches!!!)

Now the greenies are all over PD shooting like white on rice.

I have been shooting small varmints for ~ half of a century, from New England, to the Western Prairies, and I can tell you that the "varmint shooter" is a different type of critter.

It's not the mass killing, it's the challenge.

I see guys on the boards braggin' about going out to the Dakotas, or other plains states. They go out after the first snow melts and brag about blasting all the stupid pups at 100 to 150 yards, and brag about how many they killed...

Makes me wanna puke.

Then they have to prove their "skills" by posting a bunch of pictures of inside out Prairie Dogs to prove to the world that they can hit a 5"x10" target at 100 yds.

These A$$hole aren't varmint shooters, they are just petty punk killers with no respect for "the sport", and no respect for anything else.

They are no better than the jerks that shoot up road signs that the rest of us pay for (and I'm not talking about the financial cost!!)

So when dipsticks like "Longrangehunter" pops on and says the equivalent of "Oh goodie, something to kill, can you guys tell me where I can go?...

I have a few words about where they can go... but my filters are usually "ON".

So DoggiNM, your arguments about us beating them with numbers is specious and bogus.

The more yahoos that we get like "Longrangehunter", the more attention we will get that has to be defended... by the way, where did "Longrangehunter" come up with that name... he doesn't sound like any long range hunter to me.

Go read that thread that was referenced earlier in this thread about the battle in Colorado a few months ago.

Drop Claimbuster a PM and ask him about what happened there.

Take note about how they used those videos and pictures against us.

Anyone that is serous about being a true varmint shooter, I welcome them and will share my knowledge of the craft... but the overnight wonders can go to Hades, because after they shoot the crap out of some farm or ranch, it's the rest of us that have to deal with the aftermath.

I see both sides of the coin here.

Personally I prefer to not see any animal torn up. Especially with pictures on the internet, or elsewhere.

The hunting magazines & TV shows that show animals taken are a prime example of the way animals should be photgraphed.

The anti's WILL turn your own gun against you, given the chance. Why help their cause?

As far as numbers, I may not hunt the way you do, or use the same gun as you.....I may not even particularly agree with what my fellow hunter does for sport, but I WILL defend you, or anyone else that needs defending.

The power of numbers comes into play with ALL people that enjoy shooting or hunting. Not just the particular niche that is being picked on THAT day, because tommorrow, it could be ME they are picking on.

I hope this thread doesn't deteriorate into "Who's Right?"

It doesn't have to be that way.
We ought to pull together in this. Conflict among ourselves is what they enjoy more than anything.....

Divided we fall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barry

Quote:

The power of numbers comes into play with ALL people that enjoy shooting or hunting. Not just the particular niche that is being picked on THAT day, because tommorrow, it could be ME they are picking on. Barry

Barry.

I don't know if you have followed the Prairie Dog issues over the last 40 years, but there was never a problem with PD shooters until recently. In fact, I remember when western states would advertise in hunting and shooting magazines for dog shooters to come to their state to shoot dogs.

The problems came about in recent years with both the abuses of rancher's land by unskilled and ill mannered shooters, and the Greenies.

The Greenies are only a small part of it - when a rancher would rather spend thousands (and I mean THOUSANDS) of dollars on poison than let shooters on his property, then we (as a group) are doing something really wrong.

Similar problems exist in the north east, where farmers are getting to the point that they would rather live with the crop losses from woodchucks, than deal with the idiot chuck shooters. This was NEVER the case in the past.

The problem with the overnight wonders is that when it comes down to defending our rights like Claimbuster and NASA did in CO...
... guys like "Longrangehunter" will be long gone.

So you are not getting more numbers to stand ground, you are just diminishing and spoiling a resource.

That being said, I'm off to get some breakfast.

CatShooter- I'm sorry If I misunderstood your post, but I got from it what I got. I didn't think I took anything out of context for my own purposes. I wasn't saying you're wrong just offering up a different view for discussion.

It is more clear now that your beef is with the 'irresponsible' shooters out there. The ones that provide easy ammo for the greenies/antis. These guys occur in every hunting/fishing discipline. It's tough to deal with.

Yes I know what went on in CO. Yes I know how the antis used the videos.

Some guys might be initially attracted to varmint shooting, by the fun factor or the by the idea of lots and lots of targets. But they too, could come around to realize the sport and challenge involved. Sometimes folks just need to learn more about it to understand the sport, and realize what the varmint hunting community is up against. Who knows, a newcomer to the sport could turn out to be someone like NASA or Claimbuster. Someone who will stand up and take the lead in defending varmint hunting! Not all newcomers to varmint hunting will be detrimental to our sport.

Quote:
I like it!!and the music,,,

Who said Drowning Pool is gangster music /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

well i think it is ok to show how you did or how big but probley not good to put on a form a pic of some varmet with out his head , some little kids might see it before they are ready , kind of like how they do it on tv they show the prize but not the gore, i was in the milatary i say alot of gore and would not realy want to see much more , but with the right angle when you take the photo you can always clean up your pictur, just my opinion and i dont want to ever tell anyone what to do , not my job, timmy

Back