Finally a cooler day to hog hunt!

guess

We finally had a day under 100 degrees the first in I think 12 days! Michelle about drove me nuts wanting to go hog hunting, so off we went. Michelle got into a group of hogs and took a nice boar with her 7 mag. Ken and I saw close to 60 hogs total, but they were to far a way and moving. He finally decided to take a shot close to 300 yards with his .270 dropping a good eating sized hog.
We saw a cotton mouth and a copperhead also!
normal_Michelle_boar_8-6-08.jpg

normal_Ken_hog_8-6-08.jpg

normal_cotton_mouth_08.jpg

Looks like a good day out. I'm glad to somebody out doing some good. We don't have many hogs here in Ohio. I would LOVE to go out and hunt them. But with the bow. Heck, I'd love to hunt them period. looks like some nice ones. Can someone say BACON /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You're gonna need a ice maker to keep all that meat cooled down! I'm wondering if Michelle is the better shot also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

actually roast and sausage!
The wild ones don't offer much in the way of bacon. So we grow our own bacon!
normal_barrow_hog_Talon_08_resized.JPG

By the way Michelle has a lot of catching up to do to catch me, I killed hundreds of hogs and predators before I owned a camera!
She also said to tell you that "she wouldn't try to run from me if I had a gun"! her words not mine!

Last edited:
I wanted to show you guys the difference in a wild hog and a domestic hog at about the same age. To be fair the wild hog would be a little smaller if he hadn't been hand fed.
normal_wilbur_early_spring_08.jpg

normal_meat_hog.jpg

Hey Guess,
Congrates on a great hunt! But enough of the cotton mouth pics. I have see one way too close as it was chasing me thru knee deep water some yars ago. NOT FUN! Just a pic on the internet gave me the heebbies.

I am looking for a guide service/ranch for an Javelina and wild hog archery hunt for my wife and I in the spring. Would you happen to know anyone who might show a guy around or a ranch that has a reasonable trespass fee? Shoot me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

here's a link. I haven't hunted there but a friend of mine has he's says it's good. I do know that it is high fenced but 12,500 worth of high fence is plenty wild, I wouldn't have problem hunting a place that big if I had to.
He likes to book 8-15 people at a time. I called him to see what kind of guy he was and seemed plenty nice.
http://www.pedernalbowhunts.com/

good luck

there is another good place out in East Texas, Byron has hunted there I believe it is free range also bow only, but I can't find the name of it. You might shoot Byron a PM and ask him.

Back