Coyoteee

Verminator2

My dad drew an antelope tag after applying for 15 years. We went out scouting today. Saw two bucks right off the bat, one small one and one average buck. Found a place that would be good to call ( once a coyote hunter, always a coyote hunter). Didn't get anything, but the next hill over looked REAL good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was dry too. We drove around for an hour or two looking for some more antelope. Once again we saw a good spot to call. I sat up against a tree and my dad sat down on the other side. I started out with a jackrabbit distress for a minute or so, with short breaks in between. Silence for 2 minutes. Some more rabbit distress for a few minutes. Then I see two ears bobbing and weaving through the brush about 40 yards in front of me. The coyote jumps up above the brush to get a better look, it sees something wrong and stops with it's head poking over a bush. We have a stare down for about 5 seconds and then I start squeeking at it. It circles down wind a few yards, and I woof at it when it gets to an opening. I unleash the 243 Ackley Improved on it and it drops in it's tracks at 31 yards. She probably weighed around 30 pounds. Her scat was probably 85% berries, seeds, ect. No wonder it wanted a rabbit.

243Ai012.jpg

Nice gun and dog, but what about the antelope? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
GJ

Back