Jet lathe

badtothebone

Anyone know if there are any dealers selling the Jet Mini-lathe WITHOUT the indexing head and variable speed? I'm looking for the old school model JML-1014.

Rudy

Thanks guys. The old model is pretty much discontinued. I wouldn't have much use for the indexing head model, and since I haven't changed my speed for over a year, I'm cool without the variable.

Hey, maybe I'M the one that's 'old school' and not the lathe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Rudy,

Either way with the new "1014I" or "1014VS" you can set your speed exactly to your old one and the indexing doesn't change anything. All the indexing does is allow you to manually lock the spindle to set increments with a push button. It is the same otherwise! Comes in handy when changing chucks or faceplates.

I would opt for the new 1220 if I were you!!!! I have seen one and it is in my future... very near future! I have the 1014VS now and variable speed truely is more helpful than you know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If cost is a concern the difference isn't that much for the difference in operation.

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks gang!

Ole' Reliable is still running strong. I'm just thinking ahead a bit. She's been one of the best tools I ever bought. All these years, and all these calls, and it's never skipped a beat.

R

i have two jet's normal and variable. a midi Delta and a huge Delta. i use my variiable jet the most. bought all mine at woodcraft. i like the variable for friction polishing. Rick

Back