Crit`R. Call

yotecaller

Any of you guys have a standard Crit`R.Call.These calls are the best sounding and easiest to use open reed calls I have ever used.I like mine so much that I am going to get one of their Magnums.

Get'em all my friend. Accross the board the very best high volume manufactured open reed call available today.

The PeeWee - Excellent higher pitched call
The Standard - Excellent over-all call
The Magnum - I consider it to be an excellent howler
The SongDog - Not the best howler out there but versital

Get'em all you won't be sorry.

Theprevious has not been a paid announcement from Crit-r call's, nor is it an endorsement by the PM board. It is the opinion of MJM, "now that's my Story and I'm Stickin' too it."

Yotecaller,

The Critr Call, in all it's many versions, is indeed a great sounding call that is very easy to play... you'd do well to own a magnum in my opinion.

Please let us know what you think the big difference are, and how each one will be best used... ie is the magnum so much louder you would only use it one windy days or on stands near the highway?
Does one howl better than the other?

Jeff
wave1.gif

The 'standard' is a fine call. I have all but the song dog. I am somewhat partial to 'Pee Wee' but will use any on occasion.

No need to look anywhere else for a great call.

Have had and used all four in the past. Prety much use the PeeWee for calling anymore and the standard for howling. (Left my mag at a stand and it was gone when I finally got back there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

As far as sound goes, I don't honestly think they're a really good sounding call. In fact, they sound horrendous compared to other calls out there. BUT, and this is a big BUT, they'll call coyotes more than any call out there. Don't know why. Don't know how, but they do. In that sense, they're perfect examples to illustrate that a call may sound one way to us, and another way altogether to the discerning ears of a coyote or bobcat. Therefore, never judge a call solely on how it sounds to you. The final proof is how it performs in the field and whether or not coyotes come a-running. And Crittr-Calls are real performers.

The "standard" is good all around predator call in my opinion. For adult coyote barks and howls, the "magnum" model is a good one. I have two or three "magnum's" in my display case right now.

i just got my standard today and i have to say i was greatly impressed, this my first open-reed call and its pretty easy to blow. i can do the rabbit, woodpecker, fox and pup distress already. im working on the chicken and housecat distress. they show you most of these in the booklet you get. i also got the tweety, i love both of these calls, they sound great, definetly buy one you wont be dissapointed.

I've posted before about how much I like my PeeWee Crit R Call model, but might also mention that it has outlasted all of my other calls combined. It's probably a dozen years old with only having to change out the rubber band a couple of times.

Sure have called a boatload of bobcats and foxes and coyotes to hand-shaking distance with it.

Finally put it on a lanyard, but nowadays using it less because I'm aware that my ears sometimes now ring for hours after blowing it, it's that loud. (Recorded a bunch of mouth calls to .mp3 recently)
LionHo

I have a Standard Crit-r-call that works quite well on red foxes over here.....i know at a certain time of the year it has out called some of the custom calls i have but it probably comes down to when something is working for you then you dont change it.....i know this call has brought in many foxes. I have an mp3 sample on my web page for this call also. Its a really good call and i dont think you could go wrong atleast having one in your pack.

Back