Fillet Knife: Walleye Anyone?!?!

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Bumps in the road here, loss of contact there, waiting for a custom in another place have all joined forces to bump me 4 knives ahead in my orders... (All of the other 3 are rolling, but sometimes it just works out that way.)

Here's a small fillet knife. Customer wanted something very usable, and functional, but that wouldn't be mistaken for a store bought knife. I think we've made it to that destination!

Let me know if you want one for yourself!

Here's some pics...

DSC03756.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

DSC03759.jpg

DSC03760.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

This is a production 440c Stainless Bird & Trout fillet blade. Bolstered in brass and scaled in a really nicely figured piece of Cocobolo. Lined with red carbon. Pinned with 2 peened brass pins and a peened mosaic of my own creation. High vacuum CA stabilized, and oil and wax finished. Will be fitted to a custom Kydex sheath.

Beautiful lines on this one. Lots of fun to finally do a fillet knife!

Thanks for the look! Let me know if you want one!

Not yet... But my bladesmith has 16 of my blanks for heat treating! Shouldn't be long now!!!!

But no fillet knives, I don't know if I've got the boys to try a fillet knife yet!

I don't think anyone would mistake that for a factory fillet knife!! Very nice Steve, might have to get one later! Happy birthday too!!

Quote:
my bladesmith has 16 of my blanks for heat treating! Shouldn't be long now

How is the heat treating coming along?

Back