coyote hunting with 308 win.

Mousedipper,

Silly me, I forgot to state that the 2.5 inch groups were fired at 330 yards (laser ranged).

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

By the way, I really like the 110 grain V-Max loads (Hornady TAP), they shoot well and recoil is very small.

I use a bore guide and all the usual bench rest cleaning gear and the rifle naturally shoots very well (after replacing the factory trigger, of course).

Mousedipper,

Silly me, I forgot to state that the 2.5 inch groups were fired at 330 yards (laser ranged). I was shooting in variable wind that was about half value but blowing 20-25 mph. I use a 3-9 Burris with the Ballistic Plex and like the many aiming points on the reticle.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

By the way, I really like the 110 grain V-Max loads (Hornady TAP), they shoot well and recoil is very small.

I use a bore guide and all the usual bench rest cleaning gear and the rifle naturally shoots very well (after replacing the factory trigger, of course).

Last edited:
I have an old Remington 600 in .308 and used it for a few years in the beginning of my coyote hunting adventure. Just don't load the Sierra 110gr hollow points and expect to get a pelt. Better yet, don't shoot a groundhog with that round and expect to find much of said groundhog! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif They get a little messy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back