Any 260 Remington load data for a 95 grain V-Max?

I had very good luck using 47 grains of IMR 4831 pushing the 95 V-Max. Try a flavor of 4350 with the V-Max as well. I've been using mostly 100 grain BT's with a different .260 as of late, and IMR4064 is working very well with them.

Thanks! An old shot out barrel was just replaced today with a barrel chambered in 260 Remington so I've got some load developing to do. I've got some 95 grain V-Max to try as well as some 100 grain Nosler B-Tips to try.

Quote:
The 100 BT is a heckuva deer boolit BTW...

The 120 BT is murderous son-of-a-bleep also.

Greg, What powder are you using with the 100 BT's?

Quote:
Quote:

I have heard the same thing and picked up a few for testing.

I know a little more than what I've been told if you know what I mean....

I've never recovered the 100 or the 120 BT from any deer at .260 Remington velocities. Never taken a raking shot though...

Quote:
Quote:

The 120 BT is murderous son-of-a-bleep also.

Greg, What powder are you using with the 100 BT's?

I concur totally...

For me I look no further than H4350 or H414 for the .260 Remmy...

My current load is 44 grains H414 under a 125 Partition in my model 7...

Last few years is was 45.0 H4350 under a 100 Partition for a easy on the shoulder, deer killing SOAG at 3K...

Thanks Greg. I've been thinking of giving the H414 whirl. My son will be 12, legal hunting age here this fall, and I'm tempted to have him use the 100 BT's because of the ease on the shoulder. The problem is I have several hundred 125 Partitions sitting on the self.

I have recovered a couple 120 BT's that were under the offside hide with excellent expansion. Both retained 50% original weight. I used the 120 BT's exclusively for a half dozen years on WT and MD. I never did have to shoot a deer more than once, and I only had one deer that was not anchored on the spot. That one made a 50 yard death dash with blood spraying 10' out of the trashed lungs.

So many good bullets so little time...

Quote:

Now, how does it treat those predators?

The 95 V-max is quite "explosive" on coyotes. You shouldn't have many runners though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

If we're talking generally about the .260 Remmy now, which is one of my favorites, I'll spill the beans about the whole mess.

Any 100 grain bullet (Sierra, Nosler BT and PT) with 45.0 H4350 for me has been a winner. 45.0 grains is on an accurayc load and is roughly 3-4 grains under max I believe but it was so accurate and killed so well I shot this load for years. Recoil is nothing and this has accounted for many, many critters both long and short range. The 100 grain Sierra is probably the most accurate 6.5 bullet I've tried, going in the .2's.

For an all around load at .260 Remmy velocities, the 120 BT or the 125 PT gets my nod. Personally, in the .260, I'll never run 140's. If I did I'll go up to 7mm. 120-125 is where it is at for the .260 IMHO...

Love the cartridge...

I shot this just the other day. 292 yards prone off a dirt clod with a Leupy 6x42 fixed. I should have stuck to the 3 shot group. This is the 45.0 H4350 100 Sierra load.

target.jpg

Quote:
Hodgdon's website has a number of loads for that slug. Don

Thanks, Don. I saw that and my manuals also have some load data on them. But I was hoping to find a good starting point from someone who has already done some load development.

Well, it is not the 95 grain V-Max load that I had originally asked about but I think I found my deer load today.

TARGET2.jpg

Here is the 95 grain V-Max load. The two shots that are circled were during the initial sighting of the rifle after the new barrel install.

Untitled2.jpg

And here are the results from some 140 grain Bergers.

Untitled1.jpg

Back