Antelope eaters!

crapshoot

True story!
This guy was antelope hunting last week(archery) and had stuck a lope . There was no cover for him to sneak up on the animal to get a second shot. He tried ant the darn thing would get up and run a few hundred yards and lay down again. After trying this several times and dusk was setting in , he decided to let it lay and come back the next morning. He went back the next morning and found his antelope. It was missing 3 legs and had been stripped compleetly clean. The only thing left was the head, ribs, and hip bone. All this was done in 9 hrs after he had last seen it. Coyote tracks every where. He did the ethical thing and tagged the animal anyway even though there was no hide or meat left. He is a better man than I! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Were going this weekend to hunt praire goats.I'm bringing my caller with me and one of my varmit guns.Hope to call in a few dogs during our midday breaks.Last year I watched a dog hassel two full grown does.It was the last thought on his mind as I had a rifle tag and was able to bag him.

My partner arrowed a nice California pig on the last night of the Zone A deer season. We always agree to recover the animal the next morning. The tracking job was brief, about 100 yards. The pig was missing half his neck and one complete ear. This was probably just the work of one coyote, or the body would have been chopped up good. The pig weighed in at 165 lbs. and finished out at 92 dressed - that's a 55% loss. We like to keep track of that information for those who are curious.

My first bow kill was a yearling mule deer and it ran on posted land. I tried to get permission and did not till about midnight so I was out there at daybreak. Where the deer last seen all I found was fur. I found the carcase about 30 yards away eatin exept about 1/2 the backstrap and 1 leg. The yotes ate good that night.

Back