OK, these crows are yanking my chain

Tackdriver

Hello,
Was out calling the other night and noticed that a crow seemed to be responding to the vocalizations on the JS cottontail distress tape. Did not circle, just sat in the tree and had a discussion with it. So I ran back to the truck grabbed the JS Crow Reveille tape, just to see if they would like that one better and let it play. They could have cared less. But the Crow Revielle tape scared off some geese, which were fine with the cottontail distress tape. The coyotes did not care about either tape, but I think I was having some other issues there, will see if I can correct them on my next trip out. What went on here?

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy

I don't know about your situation, but I always know when I'm sounding good because the crows will respond quickly to the stand. In fact, I kill more crows using distress screams than crow sounds. Maybe they're call shy to crow sounds from other crow hunters, but the rabbit screams brings them wheeling in on the double. The same for hawks and owls, if they are anywhere near, they'll investigate the stand. These things give me confidence that my music is tuned up and sounding realistic enough.

------------------
"Doing the Right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"

Hello
Good to remember, although I was not interested in hunting crows, It just seemed to be a very unusual side effect.

------------------

I was using a piglet distress tape once, called 15 horses. They kept nosing the caller until they knocked it over.
Might sell it to the cowboys.
Clyde

Tackdriver, GC hit it on the head. Those pesky crows, ravens and even birds of prey can be an advantage to your stand.

They could, with their racket, be an added attractant to your call. Coyote, fox, bobcat will often as not follow the birds in.
Watch the birds actions they will tip you off if a predator is close. They will divert their attention from your call to the predator, and or make an abrupt exit.

You can'nt have too many eyes on the stand!

"GOOD CALLING"

Tackdriver,

If you are calling in crows, it would be safe to say that you have the best hunting partner around. It is also safe to say that your sounds are realistic. You can learn alot from the Crows and the sounds they make and their gestures. I have changed many of mens minds from Hunting Crows to Hunting WITH Crows. Enjoy their presence and now observe.

Happy Hunting
Crow Woman

Hoooowdyyyy!!!!

And a very big welcome to Predator Masters!!!

I’m very pleased to see you posting here at Predator Masters.

For those Predator Masters members who aren’t aware of it, Crow Woman is an accomplished caller of them hard to get Eastern coyotes. As if that weren’t enough, she’s also the author of a very interesting book entitled “Coyote Hunting Farm Style!”

She was kind enough to send me a copy right after I got out of the hospital and I’ve read the book several times over.

Crow Woman is proof positive that calling predators isn’t just a “man thing” but a sport for all ages of both sexes.

I hope this isn’t the last we see of you, hope you’ll put Predator Masters at the top of your list and visit us often....
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Howdy right backatcha!

And Thank You for such a wonderful welcome! You just about knocked me off my seat! I'm so glad you are enjoying my book. There will be more to come, I'm sure of it. Don't worry, I won't be a stranger to Predator Masters from time to time.

Crow Woman

Crow Woman
Could you tell us the ISBN number and publication house that handles your book mentioned above? Would like to read it, the library does not have it, and neither does my Barnes and Noble.

------------------

Howdy Tackdriver,

Not knowing how these would sell, I decided to self-publish 500 copies and skip the $575 ISBN charge and circulate them myself. They have sold out in 23 different sporting goods stores throughout Pennsylvania. I have 27 copies left from the first publishing here at home. If you or anyone is interested in buying a copy you can send a M.O. for $10.00 to:
Sheri Baity
P.O. Box 133
Covington, PA 16917

Back Cover:
In this book, you will find the whole aspect of hunting. From beauty to spiritual, learning to understanding and being one on one with the coyote's mind.

You will hear stories on actual hunts. There will be success and also failures in which I have learned from.

A thorough How-To-Section will give you hints and guide you on your way to a successful hunt. This book is for everyone.

Even people with the slightest interest in the great outdoors will be able to taste a slice of nature through this hunter's eyes.

So grab your favorite beverage, sit back in your chair and prepare yourself to journey along through my life.

Even people that don't hunt but love the outdoors have enjoyed the book. Wives have come up to me and said "Thank You, now I finally understand why he's never home." Thanks AzWill, I was just going to sneak in here post and go back in hiding... smiles.

Crow Woman

oh! yeah I agree with Frank Cronks statement about the added attraction.Im sure we all have had birds jump up from hiding when a coyote came a runnin' in which is a tell tale sign of something coming in to the stand.
But for those that do not know or have not really opened there eyes to what is going on around them....next time you have a low flying (tree top high) crow or raven remember this.They are birds of scavaging and seek out an easy meal.And they will come in low while following a coyote to a supposedly easy meal.In brush country this works great.Daniel

Hi everyone this is my first post,
I'm glad to be here,alot of good info.
My good and best friend River Runner
Turned me on to this forum.
On the crow thing my experience is they can be good and bad if they are there for a long
enough time they can figure you out and send the other animals running.Those birds are
pretty clever.

Crow woman,

By any chance could I get your e-mail address, I have a couple questions to ask about your book. As soon as I get that e-mail address, my MO will be on the way!

Hey Guys,
Thanx for the welcome. I"ll be jumpin
in from time to time when I have something
intelligent to say
biggrin.gif

River Runner
Don't we all like lurking in the
shadows especially when there are
4 legged critters runnin around
wink.gif

"Frenchie"

All I got to say is, your all lucky to know Crow Woman, Like AzWill, I've been a predator caller for almost 40 years and in all them years, I have never meet anyone who is more in with nature then Crow Woman, she is a special person and has my total respect as a predator caller and an outdoorsman, Think about it guys, anybody that can go out at night by there self without the aid of a light and start calling has got to be tuff, I also know she went out and got three black bears that were raiding her corn fields all by herself, plus she's a damn good writer, treat this lady with total respect and I'm sure you all will, she is one of a kind.

Hey Rhino and Everyone else,

Sorry for the absence. I'm still trying to deal with the loss of my best friend, my hunting buddy, my hero who just happens to be My Father. My email address is [url=mailto:sambolgs16917@yahoo.com

There is a place outside of McAlister Ok that I have called at a few times and I always get buzzards to come in and circle. Turn the volume down low and they leave, ease it back up and here they come back. Anybody else? I have used both rabbit and turkey in distress with the same results.
Kenny

Back