bobcat mount

nofiveo

i posted a few pics awhile back of a yote i mounted.. thought i'd share my first bobcat with all of you too.
none of the finish work is done yet..just got it put together lastnite so it's still drying.
100_2812-1-1.jpg

100_2813.jpg

100_2814.jpg

100_2815.jpg

100_2816.jpg

Wow, excellent work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

You don't see too many good bobcats done and that is great. Be sure to post up your final version.

Looking pretty good I hope you show us some more pics after you finsh with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You have a talent. That cat's face is one of the most realistic I've seen (except for the paper clips... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)! Please give us some more pics when you are totally finished.

That face is very realistic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
You need some more to practice on??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That looks pretty dang good, in fact there are very few things I would pick on it. If that is your first you have some real tallent to work with in regard to a natural looking cat.

I'd say you've got a heck of a future in mounting cats, if this is your first one. I've never had a cat or coyote mounted, as 99.9% of the mounts I see just don't look right. I'd say you've pretty much nailed it with this one so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

WOW I'd say you've got a talent! That's one of the better cats I've seen mounted. You'll have to post a picture of it finished.

Every time I see a bobcat mounted I pay special attention to see if finally someone can get it right. I know some excellent taxidermist and even have a couple of bobcats mounted. That (even though not yet finished) is an excellent job. For some reason most taxidermist make them look slant headed and cross eyed. Your mount looks fantastic and can't wait to see it finished. I'd also like to see you do a coyote.

By the way,,,I like the pose as well. Very natural pose for a bobcat. Looks like he is coming to the call, and I like that

Are you planning on doing this for the public?

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Quote:
You have a talent. That cat's face is one of the most realistic I've seen (except for the paper clips... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)! Please give us some more pics when you are totally finished.

I disagree, you cant tell me you have not shot a bobcat with paperclips in their ears. They are common here.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great job on the mount. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

nofiveo,
I can only echo the statemens already made.
Your mount is fantastic. You have a rare talent.
I love the pose. It's very realistic.
Keep up the awesome work and I too would like to see pictures when its all done.
M

wow! thanks guys! this kitty was well recieved! as i said.. this is my first cat and 9th mount over all. i've done a couple yotes, a fox, some coons and a couple squirrels so far. i'm doing it as a hobby right now as i don't feel i have enough experience to take on customer work yet. i really like working with predators, but want to try some deer this fall. might be looking for more cats and a grey fox to try too..pm me if anyone can help me out with one of those. thanks again! Chad

Quote:
i really like working with predators, but want to try some deer this fall.

Don't fall to the dark side! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm bias, but I'd say focus on predators, make it your specialty, be the best at it....and you'll have all the national business you need for the rest of your life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

Awesome lookin bobcat. Very professional and lifelike. I would say your 'hobby' work is top notch. Do you do your own tanning and how long would you say from start to finnish does a small predator take?

ruger300

LOL Tony! the darkside eh? lol i see it as being versatile. i was a mechanic for 13 years, now i'm a full time towing and recovery operator. have also worked in the painting and sheetrocking area. i love to deer hunt, and trout fish, so eventually i'd like to learn to do deer and fish as well, but predators interest me the most. it's fun to learn how each animal has it's own "attitude" and expressions and being able to put that feeling back in to the mount and "make it move". i try to do the animal justice, and give it some dignity. not saying i'm better than anyone else, but i too have seen some terrible mounts.

ruger,thanks for the compliments! i do everything in house. as far as time involved, with the skinning, hide prep, tanning etc.. i'm guessing i have about a week in this cat. most of that is waiting on the tan tho. as far as actual labor, i would guess 8-10 hrs. i'm not fast by any means and there are a few things that i still struggle with, but each mount gets easier, and i can see my work improving. again, thanks for the compliments! Chad

Put me on your list....I'll let you know when I get one for you to do. Good job overall and I also like the face. I would be interested in a prone mount as though looking down on something. I have a bookcase I would want to put him on top of.

Back