Current pictures of Ladner Yellow Blackmouth Curs

possumal

Hope you guys will enjoy seeing current pictures of "Possumal's Ladner Sue" and "Cronk-Sue's Sam", the only pup I kept out of her first litter of eight. All seven other pups are in great hands, including Brent Saxton, J.D. "Canine", and Ed Lay "Weedwalker". Sue has returned to top condition after raising her puppies, and is one strong rascal at 49 pounds, and quick as a cat. Old Sam already weighs 40 lbs. and looks to be heading for 60 to 70 lbs. at full growth. I hope I can get them working yotes good by early winter.

PossumalsSueCronk-suesSam004jpg-psp.jpg

PossumalsSueCronk-suesSam001jpg-psp.jpg

Ooh, my dream dog. I've had Ladner links saved in my favorites for some time now. I like hunting everything from squirrels on up. From what I understand about the breed and line they will suit me fine.

Great looking dogs Al. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I've got one more here. Sue's son, Sam's brother, Max. He's 40 lbs now too. Maybe we can set them up with a coyote huntin family reunion this winter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

maxpics0042-1.jpg

Hey Ed: That will get done for sure. Max has a head a lot more like his daddy than Sam does.

Weasel: If you want a dog to hunt squirrels with, a Ladner Cur would be as easy to train for that purpose as any dog you are apt to find. They just naturally take to that treeing business. Hell, Sue will climb 6 to 8 foot up a tree after a squirrel, and then walk on her back legs round and round the tree watching him and pouring out that pretty, clear chop mouth. If she don't work out for the coyote thing, I'll just hunt squirrels with her and have a blast.

My dad lost his cur female a few years back and she was a fantastic squirrel dog. The parent's were a Blackmouth and Catahoula, both active hog catchers. She was built much thicker with a square head, probably 70-75lbs. Big prey drive on that dog, regarding critters, dogs, and people, so she had to stay penned most of the time. Bit many a stranger, but anyone could show up in camo with a shotgun in hand and borrow her for hunting. Very business-like dog.

My neighbor now has a big Blackmouth with a 3-gallon head, but he is a biscuit-eater as well as the neighborhood jungle gym for all the kids. Strange how they can turn out so differently.

Back