PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order.

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
So, here I was on Friday evening with a couple hours free (in the middle of a week and a half of out of town family) and I wanted to make a few more photos worth of progress on the knife build I'm doing the step-by step pictorial on. Well, I go out to the shed and realize I don't have any brass stock for the bolsters, just nickle silver! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

So, after a few minutes on the internet, I've got brass barstock coming in from 4 different directions, but none of it is here yet, so I have to shift over to the next order in line...

This was a special request with a wrinkle... I don't believe it's ever been done before and I really hope it works.

The basics were a pure, no frills but purely custom, working Coyote knife, and the wrinkle was a tail stripper built into the grip. Needless to say, I got excited about trying to make it happen!

Just got done...

DSC03541.jpg

(There's no mark on the blade, that's overhead power lines I didn't notice.)

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

(There's no mark on the blade, that's over head power lines again.)

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

I'll be sending the new owner a PM then heading out to build a Kydex pack sheath for it. (PUT THE PACK SHEATH ON BEFORE USING THE STRIPPER... DOGGONE IT! It's SHARP!)

The grips are cedar colored Micarta, 2 Stainless Mosaic pins, and 2 Silver Nickle pins.

DSC03550.jpg

Pops out, clicks back in, nice and crisp. Please use it when you're hooking a tail! I DON'T want to hear about the 78 stitches on your inner thigh!

Very, very nice! Im not so sure the hole for the stripper is going to be big enough to get the tail bone in with out having to work it down by hand a few inches first, but very nice design and craftsman ship.

Thanks to catwhacker Jim for that Micarta!

Thanks guys.

Lance, we had to kinda put our heads together and guess on the dimensions for a non-clamping, one size fits all, tail stripper. It's designed to be a happy medium. Skinning down several inches would be standard, then just getting used to it from there.

My buyer is going to go out and pop a summer dawg to try it out, so I'll let you know!

When I get a chance I'm going to design a clamping stripper into a grip. Gonna be awhile though.

That's one heck of a great idea with the built-in tail stripper, Steve! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Tony

that is a really cool idea i really like the overall shape of the knife way to go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I've got a custom on order with Steve and can't wait to get it, it is a small custom with A-2 and Desert Ironwood w/ kydex sheath. I'll tell ya all bout it when I get it!!

This post is almost 2 years old. Take a look at the date of the first post. I believe the photos were there and are long gone.

Back