Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1008237 - 07/01/08 05:02 PM PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order.
rainshadow1 Offline
Custom Call Maker

Loc: Washington State
So, here I was on Friday evening with a couple hours free (in the middle of a week and a half of out of town family) and I wanted to make a few more photos worth of progress on the knife build I'm doing the step-by step pictorial on. Well, I go out to the shed and realize I don't have any brass stock for the bolsters, just nickle silver!

So, after a few minutes on the internet, I've got brass barstock coming in from 4 different directions, but none of it is here yet, so I have to shift over to the next order in line...

This was a special request with a wrinkle... I don't believe it's ever been done before and I really hope it works.

The basics were a pure, no frills but purely custom, working Coyote knife, and the wrinkle was a tail stripper built into the grip. Needless to say, I got excited about trying to make it happen!

Just got done...

(There's no mark on the blade, that's overhead power lines I didn't notice.)

(There's no mark on the blade, that's over head power lines again.)

I'll be sending the new owner a PM then heading out to build a Kydex pack sheath for it. (PUT THE PACK SHEATH ON BEFORE USING THE STRIPPER... DOGGONE IT! It's SHARP!)

The grips are cedar colored Micarta, 2 Stainless Mosaic pins, and 2 Silver Nickle pins.

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives,
Mountain Lion Calling: www.rain-shadow.com

AKC Labs
https://rainshadowlabradors.com

#1008238 - 07/01/08 05:16 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: rainshadow1]
gamedog Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Razor Creek MT
Beautiful work Steve.

#1008239 - 07/01/08 05:49 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: gamedog]
rainshadow1 Offline
Custom Call Maker

Pops out, clicks back in, nice and crisp. Please use it when you're hooking a tail! I DON'T want to hear about the 78 stitches on your inner thigh!

AKC Labs

#1008240 - 07/01/08 07:02 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: rainshadow1]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Very, very nice! Im not so sure the hole for the stripper is going to be big enough to get the tail bone in with out having to work it down by hand a few inches first, but very nice design and craftsman ship.

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#1008241 - 07/01/08 07:46 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: crapshoot]
catwhacker Offline
Cusom Call Maker

Loc: west michigan
Nice Steve,

Thats a great idea on the tail stripper. I'd like to know how it works.
Great looking knife.

Jim

SKEPTICAL HIPPO!! What Would Doggin Coyotes Do???????????

Doggin says Hi!!!

#1008242 - 07/01/08 08:01 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: catwhacker]
cbosshog79 Offline
Retired Staff

Loc: Henderson County, Texas
Dang nice! The design is cool as heck and as usual fit and finish is perfect. I also really like that micarta!

#1008243 - 07/01/08 08:18 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: cbosshog79]
rockyfordjoe Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: middle of utah
Very nice work.

#1008244 - 07/01/08 08:19 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: cbosshog79]
rainshadow1 Offline
Custom Call Maker

Thanks to catwhacker Jim for that Micarta!

Thanks guys.

Lance, we had to kinda put our heads together and guess on the dimensions for a non-clamping, one size fits all, tail stripper. It's designed to be a happy medium. Skinning down several inches would be standard, then just getting used to it from there.

My buyer is going to go out and pop a summer dawg to try it out, so I'll let you know!

When I get a chance I'm going to design a clamping stripper into a grip. Gonna be awhile though.

AKC Labs

#1008245 - 07/02/08 10:46 AM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: rainshadow1]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
That's one heck of a great idea with the built-in tail stripper, Steve!

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#1008246 - 07/02/08 11:58 AM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: TonyTebbe]
berettaman Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Southeastern KY
That is awesome Steve! What is the blade made from? That is some great looking Micarta too. Talk about a coyote custom knife!!

#1008247 - 07/03/08 12:32 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: berettaman]
rainshadow1 Offline
Custom Call Maker

It's a 440c production stainless blade, Larry. I cut in the tail stripper and built around it.

AKC Labs

#1008248 - 07/06/08 04:30 AM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: rainshadow1]
jltd Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: utah
that is a really cool idea i really like the overall shape of the knife way to go!

#1008249 - 07/17/08 12:53 AM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: jltd]
Fireball221 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SW Idaho
I like it, I LIKE IT ALOT!!!!Still want one of your pieces one of these days.

#1008250 - 07/17/08 02:43 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: Fireball221]
berettaman Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Southeastern KY
I've got a custom on order with Steve and can't wait to get it, it is a small custom with A-2 and Desert Ironwood w/ kydex sheath. I'll tell ya all bout it when I get it!!

#1008251 - 07/17/08 04:25 PM Re: PURE COYOTE KNIFE! Recent Custom Order. [Re: berettaman]
smallblockfuelie Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Oxnard, CA
That's neat as he@&!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.