Good tanning company to use?

GOOSEBILLY

I brought in some fox, 1 coon, and 1 mink to USA Foxx and Fur back in February. I use to go to school in Duluth where they are located so I stopped in to drop them off myself. Everyone seemed very nice and happy to take them. Due to my first time trapping this year I sent these in to have done professionally. I saved the muskrat and weasel to try myself which I was successful with. I am still waiting now at a month past the latest time they said they would be finished. USA Foxx and Fur say they are a backed up now. Does these companies get backed up? Is this normal? Are the tanneries just busier this year. I think they outsource the tanning.

they get busy at times. but USA Foxx would be one of the last ones I would send to. I know the trouble my trapping partner had with them, getting a hat made for his wife with his fur.

there are other tannery out there

Moyles' is one that a lot of people send to.

http://www.fursforfun.com is a good one with a decent turnaround on furs. there are other options out there, just do a search for tannery's and see what pops up I know furs for fun is a good one and hector will take care of you.

i use moyle tanery http://www.moytown.com/Home.html
they have never done me any wrong and everything is returned in a timely manner they cost like a dollar more
it also seems to have a softer, more pliable tan than other places

i would not use usa foxx and furs because they lost a deerhide i sent to them(my first deer) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif but thats up to you

Thanks for the info. Still waiting on the furs. They have the red fox done. Just waiting on the coon and mink. These all are my first ever furs so can't wait. Going to go to the NTA 2008 annual convention for the first also next weekend. Have a wedding down that so it worked out good.

USA fox and furs does not guarantee that you get your furs back. I have never sent anything to them becuase of that. I have a friend that sent in a bunch of fox that he skinned the feet out on. All the fox he got back had no feet. Anouther guy sent in some fur with out feet and got feet back. Moyles is a good outfit. So is furs for fun in idaho. If your a trapper he gives you a good deal on any tanning. I sent him 4 bears last year and the most I paid for 1 bear was 90.00. But the wait is what I hate. 6-8 months. I started my own tanning. cost me about 2000.00 to get started and I am making extra money on the side. Look into that if you hate the wait. Plus if you do it you know your getting your stuff.

Back