Info From Swift on the 25 cal Scirocco Bullet

bea175

The .257 Scirocco will be 100 grains. We anticipate having the bullet
sometime around the end of the year. We have all the tooling necessary, but need to schedule machine time to run it. It is all we can do now to keep up with current orders. We are also in the process of building and moving into a new facility, which has delayed any new bullet development. We'll try to have it as soon as possible, you might want to check our website as we will announce the release there.

Thanks for your interest in Swift products.
If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Heather Hargitt
Swift Bullet Company
ph: (785) 754-3959
fax: (785) 754-2359
email: contact@swiftbullets.com

How often does a new .25 caliber bullet come out.

I take it this bullet is a heavily constructed polymer tipped big game bullet, is that correct?

Very dissappointed... I"ve been waiting for this a long time myself. Why didnt they make it at least a 115g?? They would be so much better for deer. Would have a lot higher BC, which means better downrange performance. Oh well, I wont be buying any to try. I'll stick with the 115g NBT out of the 25-06, sorry SWIFT.

I personally prefer the 100 gr for my 25 cal hunting bullet. I use the Nosler AB 110 in my 25-05 but wish Nosler offered it in 100 gr. I use the 100 gr Part. in my 257 Ack Imp

Quote:
Well 4000 fps out of your 257STW dosn't matter what bullet you shoot, its toast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be glad when the weather cools so i can begin load development. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A 115 Scirocco would probably be too long to stabilize in most factory .25-06 barrels. I had trouble with the 115 Barnes TSX a couple of weeks ago keyholing from a Rem 700 factory barrel. It is the reeason we don't see much over 120 in a cup-and-core .257 bullet. It may work fine in a .257 Weatherby or a .257 Roberts, but the .25-06 is a much more popular round and if it don't work in a .25-06, there may not be enough volume in the other rounds to make it viable for production. The Scirocco is long for weight, necessitating a faster twist than other bullets of the same weight.

Fast Ed

It would work in some & not in others. The 115 TSX worked fine in my 25-06 Sendero, but it may be because the load pushed it hard. Now that it is an AI, I shoot the 125Wildcat
& it is Loooooong. I have heard that some good 250-06tubes
will even shoot that one, but that's pushing it. But you are right the Scirocco is long for it's weight. Still, I would havew preferred a 115. Does anyone know what the BC would be for the 100?

Come to think of it, I e-mailed SWIFT at least 2 years ago about a .257" scirocco and they said around the end of the year, my e-mail was in summer. Well that was 2 years ago and still no .257 scirocco. If they still cant find "time" they never will... Amazes me how they come out with a stupid .224" scirocco before a .257" when .224's are at the minimum for big game in many states. Ridiculous if you ask me...

Back