Is raping a child not cruel enough for the Supreme Court?

BMeyer

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has struck down a Louisiana law that allows the execution of people convicted of a raping a child.

In a 5-4 vote, the court says the law allowing the death penalty to be imposed in cases of child rape violates the Constitution's ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

"The death penalty is not a proportional punishment for the rape of a child," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion. His four liberal colleagues joined him, while the four more conservative justices dissented.

Still think its a waste to vote for McCain? Among the many reasons Obama is worse for our country than McCain, the SCOTUS appointees he will name will guarantee more ruling like this one. McCain has made it clear he will appoint judges like Scalia and Roberts rather than the likes of Kennedy and Ginsberg.

Call me crazy, but I think that raping a child is cruel, and calls for a cruel punishment.

I think the death penalty should be the required punishment for raping a child. By "raping a child" I mean an adult raping a small child, not an 18-year old sleeping with his/her 17-year old girl/boyfriend. Sexual abuse of children is a scourge on this earth and should be dealt with most harshly. I have no sympathy for child molesters of any ilk. Kill 'em all...

How can someone be that messed up, the person who does it, and the supreme court justices who rejected the law....

Maybe what this country needs is some real "Boondock Saints"

As far as Im concenred it is worse than murder! And if someone actually gets off doing something like that there is no fixing that phsycho!

Quote:
As far as Im concenred it is worse than murder! And if someone actually gets off doing something like that there is no fixing that phsycho!

There is one way...it involes a black flamable powder and a pointed piece of lead

I say...
Anyone convicted of this crime should be immediately taken to the nearest ant hill;
stripped naked;
tied down spread-eagled;
have honey poured around EVERY orifice;
and left there to suffer.

Am I cruel for thinking this should happen...YEP! But I want him to understand what it felt like to the child when he was abusing him/her.

If the evidence(DNA or whatever) shows that 100% no doubt john doe raped a child and they is convicted(by a jury of his peers), i say march his [beeep] out back and save us tax payers some money with just one .45acp....hell i'll even donate a box.

Quote:
A 55 grn jacketed hollow point for my 22-250 only runs about .89 cents, jerks wouldn't even have to sit in prison and mooch off tax dollars

AMEN

Quote:
If the evidence(DNA or whatever) shows that 100% no doubt john doe raped a child and they is convicted(by a jury of his peers), i say march his [beeep] out back and save us tax payers some money with just one .45acp....hell i'll even donate a box.

I'll donate a whole case, and a gun, hell i'll even volunteer to do the job

Quote:
court says the law allowing the death penalty to be imposed in cases of child rape violates the Constitution's ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

What about the cruel and unusual punishment of the child? What ya expect from the same kinda quacks that thinks a man who sticks his wanker in another man can be legally married? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Back