12 fv with Duramaxx Stock (pics)

BTarcher

Hello all, this is my Savage 12fv in .223. It sports a Bell and Carlson Duramaxx stock in olive green with black spider webbing. Optics is a Tasco 6-24 x 42 Target/varmint, eventually going to a Leupold when the budget allows it.
savage12fv3.jpg

here is another view
savage12fv5.jpg

Last edited:
Don't apologize for the Tasco.. I have one just like it that I slip on my .223 AR for the same reason...

Only I'm saving for a new Vortex Viper...Less than $500 (thru EA Brown) and IMHO equal to the Leupold in quality.

Vortex Viper

They have now come out with a Bullet Drop Compensator that really looks interesting...

cool, thanks. I am pretty impressed with the Tasco for the price. I doesn't have any distortion around the edges. I was looking at the Swift scopes at the shop, they cost more and had a considerable amount of distortion around the edges.

sorry about that, I changed folderd in photobucket and didn't fix my post. It should be all good now. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Sweet looking rig. I like that color combo. Does the Duramaxx have the aluminum bedding block or pillars only?

I have a Savage action and can't decide if I want to build abother hunting rig or a 30 BR.

Great looking rifle and I really like the looks of that stock. And like Old Turtle said, no need to apologize for Tasco. I've used various Tascos for years and have had good service. I currently have one on my Ruger #1 218 Bee.

Quote:
Sweet looking rig. I like that color combo. Does the Duramaxx have the aluminum bedding block or pillars only?

I have a Savage action and can't decide if I want to build abother hunting rig or a 30 BR.

I have two. Pillars only. But that hasn't stopped both of
my Duramaxx stocks from helping the rifles get tighter
groups. I purchased the all black versions, and took some
Krylon flat camo paint to them. I will have to post some
pictures. The palm swell is a bit beefy, but not too bad,
and the fore end is wider than the factory stock, but not
perfectly flat, on the bottom. One could easily fix that
with a belt sander, before painting, if one was so inclined.
Mine, unmodified, ride the front bag well enough. For my
two Savage Model 16s, it has been SOP to upon purchase,
immediately start shopping for a Duramaxx stock. If you
can catch them on sale, at Midway, the basic black model
is under $90. Certainly an inexpensive upgrade to the
factory synthetic noodle stocks, although the last one I
got, was less of a noodle, then the previous vintage.

Squeeze

I'll go along with the Tasco. I've an old Japanese 8 by 32 target dot one that has been on every new gun I've owned for accuracy testing. It usually goes on whatever I'm shooting for ground squirrels in the spring. I don't even know how old it is now, but it's sure gave me great service.

Good looking setup Todd.

Thanks guys!

It was pretty accurate to begin with. After I mounted it in the sotck, the first 4 shots could fit under a dime.

Stealth-it has the pillars, I believe the Medalist stock has the bedding block.

Last edited:
Back